They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Fantamorph Line Mode

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

Fantamorph Line Mode

Postby Wheat King » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:00 am

Working on a morph and discovered the line tool for editing. It's basically a way to group dots. A nice feature if you are creating a multimorph of someone growing up. its a way to organize your dots so move things together. Way more efficient that moving each dot individually of selecting a bunch of dots and then moving them. Small trick wish I would have explored this feature a few morphs ago... :tup:
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Fantamorph Line Mode

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:20 pm

Good tip. Thanks Jamal. :-D
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby momoffduty » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:55 am

Thanks Jamal! Will add this to my notes. Great tip.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby rusty » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:33 am

Jamal, thanks for this. I have just got the rough version of my daughter's K - 12 morph done and it looks pretty good. I wondered what line mode meant (I suppose I could have tried it myself!).

While we have a Fantamorph thread going, the one thing that is a little rough on mine is the outline of the hair. Of course, hair styles change a lot over the course of 12 years. I am finding that if the subsequent image has hair that is "bigger" than the current image, the areas of the new one that are beyond the outline of the old one tend to sort of fade in rather than morphing smoothly from the outline of the current image to the outline of the new one (hope that makes sense). Will putting the dots a bit outside the outline on the existing image and just inside the outline on the next one fix that? I saw that tip in one of the threads after I had placed my dots but wanted to check before I have a go.

Of course, the next image becomes the first image in the next sequence of two images, so would that mean that I should move the dots on that one back to outside the image so I can repeat the above for this sequence...and so on?
Russ
rusty
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:08 pm

The dots slightly on the outside for one and inside of the other was a tip from the Fantamorph forum. You would have to move them slightly for the next set.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Return to Tools