They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

FTP question

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

Re: FTP question

Postby GerryB » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:59 am

Cheryl,
I hit on the same question a few weeks ago - using FTP from within PrPro - and I discovered that there is one essential opton missing in the ftp set up in PrPro, you cannot set it to passive mode.
I was on the Adobe Forum and there were some helpful folk there but the response - or lack of it - from Adobe was silence!
I would not expect to have to purchase CS5 just to get this fix for PrPro but then I guess it just shows that the big software companies have no time for the 'little person'.
The up-side is the helpful support to be found here. I now use CORE FTP as a result of my earlier posts.
Gerry
GerryB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ron » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:27 am

momoffduty wrote:Uploaded the files again using SmartFTP. Realized that the video file that was in the folder was only a partial upload. Looks like it went through. Waiting to hear back from the website.

Cheryl, you don't need to ask your web host if the file is there. You can see the file when you connect - it's just like an Explorer interface. Are you selecting the particular folder to FTP the file to? That's the folder it should be in. Try not to make it so hard :)

If large files are failing, then yes, your host may have a problem maintaining connection. Otherwise please disregard all of those error messages in the real-time log (up top). If it's in the list of failed transfers (bottom), then again, tell your host about the errors.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby momoffduty » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:02 am

Thanks for the tip Gerry on PrPro. I did try passive mode in FileZilla.

Interesting that in FileZilla I could not see what had been transferred. In SmartFTP the items were not displayed and only got the message that this file does exist and want to copy or copy over it and listed the file size. After I transferred the files with SmartFTP they did show up in the host's side of the interface. But today they are not listed.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby momoffduty » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:40 am

They received the files! I realize now that I did not make a folder to upload to. Guess it uploaded into the internet abyss. Thanks to everyone for their help. :-D
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:59 am

Saw 'em go by my place about 6:00 this morning Cheryl. Looked like they were heading east at about 40 mph. :)
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby momoffduty » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:14 am

Dave McElderry wrote:Saw 'em go by my place about 6:00 this morning Cheryl. Looked like they were heading east at about 40 mph. :)

:CS: Only 40 mph? No wonder the uploads took so long!
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Previous

Return to Tools