They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Vocal Removal or Isolation from Stereo Music

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

Vocal Removal or Isolation from Stereo Music

Postby RJ Johnston » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:35 am

I came across a couple of VST audio plug-ins for removing or isolating vocals in stereo music that you may not have known about. One is called Extra Boy Pro and the other is called Voice Trap. There don't seem to be too many of these plug-ins in my price range that both remove or isolate vocals with the capabilities that these plug-ins have. There's another plug-in from iZotope that you get with Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0 that does both, but you have to spend about $50 to get the full version of Audio Studio that has that plug-in enabled. My version that I got for free with Sony Video Studio and DVD Architect Studio does not have the plug-in enabled.

The best sounding results come from Extra Boy Pro, IMO, but both are very interesting and fun to play with. Both VST plug-ins work in Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0. I also have them working in Premiere Elements 8.0. They probably work in most applications that accept VST audio plug-ins.

I have a Dusty Springfield song that only Extra Boy Pro could isolate the vocals. I drew a rectangle on a 2D image of a spectogram to isolate the vocals. But then there are times when only Voice Trap will do the job. For removing vocals, sometimes the plug-in that comes with Band-in-a-box works just as well, or better.

It's kind of rare that you have a song where you can completely eliminate vocals or completly isolate them. So that's kind of the fun and challenging part, to see how close you can get.

Voice Trap V2.0
http://www.cloneensemble.com/vt_main.htm
$25 USD

Elevayta Extra Boy Pro
http://www.elevayta.net/product14.htm
$29.95 USD

::wav::
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Vocal Removal or Isolation from Stereo Music

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:46 am

RJ, I really don't know how you find all of this stuff but I am glad that you do. Thanks. :-D
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:29 am

I agree. Another great find, Robert!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:26 am

Very cool RJ :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Tools