They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Codec for Playing m2t: How Do I download?

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

Codec for Playing m2t: How Do I download?

Postby George Tyndall » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:46 pm

The older computer that I had rebuilt for video editing (now very similar to the one in my signature) does a nice job of editing, however, when I play the resulting HD m2t 1920x1080 30 video with either Windows Media Viewer or Media Center the playback from an external HDD via USB 2.0 is imperfect--but the video plays perfectly, using a different machine, from that same external HDD.

The builder of the machine states that I must be missing a codec(s) on the rebuilt machine, but he cannot explain how or where to acquire them.

Do I start with the following, which Steve supplied on another thread? If so, then what?

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Suggestions please!

#-o
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Codec for Playing m2t: How Do I download?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:05 pm

I'd give the K-Lite Codec Pack a try.
http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

I don't like randomly accumulating codecs -- but this pack adds some very nice functionality to your system and loads virtually every useful codec.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby George Tyndall » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:34 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:I'd give the K-Lite Codec Pack a try.
http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

I don't like randomly accumulating codecs -- but this pack adds some very nice functionality to your system and loads virtually every useful codec.

Thanks, Steve, I'll try that when I get back to the studio.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:39 pm

I think Media Player Classic installs with the KLite Mega Codec Pack.
Media Player Classic should install the proper codecs to play M2t files, it worked on my computer.
Once I opened the files with Media Player Classic they played fine, after that I could also play them in Windows Media Player too.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby George Tyndall » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:20 am

Chuck Engels wrote:I think Media Player Classic installs with the KLite Mega Codec Pack.
Media Player Classic should install the proper codecs to play M2t files, it worked on my computer.
Once I opened the files with Media Player Classic they played fine, after that I could also play them in Windows Media Player too.

Chuck, K-Lite Standard is said to include Media Player Classic, however, after installing I don't see any way to use Media Player Classic to open my m2t files, as I don't see Media Player Classic listed as one of my installed programs.

Further, if I use my Windows XP Video Decoder Checkup Utility, which lists Installed MPEG-2 decoders, it states it tells me that the one that I have that is MP10 Compatible is Intervideo Video Decoder=WinDVD--which only "sees" my SD DVD files, not my HD MPEG-2 files. And If I click Check for Update, I am taken to Corel WinDVD 2010, Standard and Pro versions. The former is for playing SD DVDs and the latter is "a Blu-ray player that supports AVCHD" but I don't see anything about supporting HD MPEG-2 or m2t. To add to the confusion, Add or Remove Programs tells me that Windows Media Player 11 (not MP10) is what I have installed on my system--and that I have not used it since Dec. 1, when the fact is that I used Windows Media Player earlier this morning (I did not check which version).

You said elsewhere that you are also using XP for video editing.

What version of Windows Media Player are you using?

Do you see Media Player Classic listed as one of your programs?
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Tools