They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Sound effects generator - Atmosphere Deluxe v7

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

Sound effects generator - Atmosphere Deluxe v7

Postby Shrimpfarmer » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:52 am

I thought I would share the link to a piece of software that I have been using recently. Its called Atmosphere Deluxe and I have no association with the makers. I have however decided to buy the software after using the free trial version. It costs $29.95 http://www.vectormediasoftware.com/atmdeluxehome.htm

I have difficulties with my camera as it is very sensitive to the wind. It often destroys the sound making it unusable. I recently bought a digital recorder to help overcome this and during my research for that I discovered Atmosphere.

Basically imagine a series of background sounds, e.g. a busy restaurant, a beach, woodlands etc. The background plays all the time and the volume is controllable. The program then has a whole range of spot sounds, laughter, corks popping, dog barks etc that you simply tick to include in the mix. Each spot sound can have its own frequency of use set to a variable value, so you will never know when it will fire off. This helps to avoid any recognisable repeat. You can also force it to fire exactly when you want by simply clicking the name of the effect whilst recording. Keep ticking all the spot highlights you wish and then simply play the track. Voilla you have a very believable soundscape. These can then be recorded to wav or mp3.

You need the paid version if you wish to make lengthy recordings of the backgrounds but the free version will make very usable recordings which of course you could stitch together. What I particuarly like is that any sound effect you may already have can be used in the program and you can also make your own background tracks. I intend to use the portable digital recorder to record extra background tracks and build up my own library.

Here is a short film to demonstrate it in use. I have only just begun to play with it so I am barely scratching the surface of its potential. This film shows some kite surfers. The wind was so strong the original sound is unusable. What you hear is a little music and atmosphere.

The program is not actually aimed at videographers, its for people who make relaxation tapes. It can sync to brainwave patterns (not too sure about that) and allows you to include music as well.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRSFf-T_ubQ[/youtube]
Shrimpfarmer
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Sound effects generator - Atmosphere Deluxe v7

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:53 pm

That is a really great find Shrimpy :yh:

I was waiting for the seagull sounds to start and then there they were, very cool :TU:
I am definitely going to download the trial and play around with this one.
It would be great as a plugin for Premiere :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:14 pm

This IS great, Shrimpy! I would never have guessed your background was added in post!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Shrimpfarmer » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:26 pm

I had a hunch you guys would enjoy this one. Wait till you hear some of the included presets. When you make a mix you can save it as a preset. If you buy the full version people can swap presets for free via the website. If you have a unique sound effect in that preset, it will appear in theirs if they download the preset. Its a really really clever idea.

For $99 you can even make relaxation cd's and sell them. I think thats pretty cheap in comparison to some of the loops and sound effects I have seen on other sites.

Yep this one is a beauty. :yh:
Shrimpfarmer
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:36 pm

Shrimpfarmer wrote:Yep this one is a beauty. :yh:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ_k_VG6Syc[/youtube]
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby RJ Johnston » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:36 pm

I came across that in February, but couldn't afford it at the time, and not now either, and of course the trial has run out. Magix MEP has an ambient sound generator as well, but doesn't go to the extent that Atmosphere Deluxe does. I remember that they have a professional license where you can make your own CD's to sell (or am I fantisizing?).
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:59 pm

Yup, that's what Shrimpy said.

Shrimpfarmer wrote:For $99 you can even make relaxation cd's and sell them. I think thats pretty cheap in comparison to some of the loops and sound effects I have seen on other sites.

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Jayell » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:37 pm

Shrimpy -- just wondering if you're still using .. and are still pleased with this product. I meant to try it out when you first posted this, but never got around to it.
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Shrimpfarmer » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:29 pm

Jayell wrote:Shrimpy -- just wondering if you're still using .. and are still pleased with this product. I meant to try it out when you first posted this, but never got around to it.

Hi jayell

Yes I am still using it whenever I need to add a little atmosphere to my projects. I am very pleased with it,

Shrimpy :-D
Shrimpfarmer
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Jayell » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:51 pm

Thanks, Shrimpy. I just downloaded the trial version .. looks like fun!
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Paul LS » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:20 pm

I have been using the free version Atmsphere Lite 6 for some time. i think it was Robert Johnston who pointed it out. That version is good so the deluxe version must be very good.
http://download.cnet.com/Atmosphere-Lit ... 25240.html
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Jayell » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:58 pm

Yes, the cheaper and the free versions are a little harder to find. Here's a real nice comparison chart to show what each of the 3 different versions offer.
http://www.vectormediasoftware.com/versioncomparison.html
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Tools