They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Fantamorph

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

Re: Fantamorph

Postby momoffduty » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:51 am

Russ, you have the morphing down smooth. :TU: As Jamal posted export as an image sequence & check box the 32-bit image to retain transparency. Export to their own folder.

A note on Create Slideshow with the images in PrEl. Import the folder of images and select the folder in your media panel to Create Slideshow (right click I think). The slideshow will appear on your timeline where the CTI is located, so place the CTI before creating the slideshow. If for some reason the Create Slideshow has artifacts then delete from timeline and retry. This happened to me and not sure why it worked the 2nd time...maybe had something running in the background or could have been my processor at the time.

EDIT: Not sure if the slideshow appears on the timeline at the point of the CTI or at the end of the timline.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Clayton » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:13 am

Those of you that use fantamorph, which version do you use. I recently downloaded version 4.0 for a trial and it lets you try it as any of the 3 versions, standard, Pro, or Deluxe. I noticed the standard only lets you morph two photos, where the Pro version lets you morph multiples photos. Also, I like the face fixer option for the deluxe version. :eek:
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:27 pm

I have Pro 4.02. Before I bought the program, I started a project in the trial version and tried to continue the project after I purchased. Had some problems and contacted the company and they said it should work from trial to purchase. I had to start the project over.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby rusty » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:02 pm

Thanks Cheryl and Jamal - I'll give that a whirl. Much appreciated!! :-D I need to work on my cut-outs in PSE7 a bit to eliminate the blue background, but this was good enough for an experiment, and feathering the edges of the cut-out works magic to hide some imprecision. A blue background to the morph would work too...I had never even cut out an image in PSE7, and working with layers is new as well, so I had a learning curve - luckily it was a rainy Sunday afternoon. I think I know enough to get there now. I'll let you know. And thanks again. \:D/

Clayton, I got the Pro version because I to be able to do multiple morphs (ie more than just one image to another image).
Russ
rusty
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Bob » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:15 pm

I just downloaded the version 4 trial today but haven't installed it yet. I'll probabaly install it this weekend when I have time to start working with it. I know I'm going to buy it, but, I'm trying to decide which version to buy -- Pro or Deluxe (Standard is definitely out).

The extra features of Deluxe are nice, but I'm not sure that they are worth the extra cost given my anticipated usage. I do want to end up with avi clips with transparency which can only be output directly from Fantamorph Deluxe using 32 bit color. But, I have no issues working with sequences. Besides the technique Jamal mentioned, I have After Effects which can easily import a sequence of stills and use them as just like a video. I could always output an avi from AE if I really need it.

The question I had was whether you could export the sequence with transparency in the Pro version. It sounds like you can. In that case Pro is definitely in the running.
Bob

Postby momoffduty » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:45 pm

Bob wrote:
The extra features of Deluxe are nice, but I'm not sure that they are worth the extra cost given my anticipated usage. I do want to end up with avi clips with transparency which can only be output directly from Fantamorph Deluxe using 32 bit color. But, I have no issues working with sequences. Besides the technique Jamal mentioned, I have After Effects which can easily import a sequence of stills and use them as just like a video. I could always output an avi from AE if I really need it.

The question I had was whether you could export the sequence with transparency in the Pro version. It sounds like you can. In that case Pro is definitely in the running.

Yes, can export with transparency in the Pro version. I still had an old morph seq folder and it has 484 sequenced images. I was thinking about AE too & image sequences. Have used sequences in AE, but was only about 20. Not sure if I would want to bring in 484. PrEl created the slideshow just fine and was very quick.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby Wheat King » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:48 pm

rusty wrote:Thanks Cheryl and Jamal - I'll give that a whirl. Much appreciated!! :-D I need to work on my cut-outs in PSE7 a bit to eliminate the blue background, but this was good enough for an experiment, and feathering the edges of the cut-out works magic to hide some imprecision. A blue background to the morph would work too...I had never even cut out an image in PSE7, and working with layers is new as well, so I had a learning curve - luckily it was a rainy Sunday afternoon. I think I know enough to get there now. I'll let you know. And thanks again. \:D/

Clayton, I got the Pro version because I to be able to do multiple morphs (ie more than just one image to another image).

If you go through the wizard when doing a multimorph you'll be tempted to add all the pictures and then proceed. You can save time if you just add the first two during the wizard and add other pictures as you make progress. See my post on Sept 30th for more info.
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Wheat King » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:02 pm

Bob and Cheryl, (and all)

I've started to experiment with morphing and getting it into AE, but was too knew at AE and up against a deadline so scrapped back then for the time being but Had a bunch of ideas. will start a brainstorm thread in the AE forum. Would love to hear some of your ideas!
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby rusty » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:03 pm

Thanks Jamal. I printed that out previously, put it in my binder and highlighted and put a big red sticky-note by that very post. It takes me long enough, and that one tip looks to be a massive timesaver. Many, many thanks! :-5
Russ
rusty
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Previous

Return to Tools