They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Quicktracks Music Plug-In for Premiere Elements

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

Quicktracks Music Plug-In for Premiere Elements

Postby Ron » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:06 am

I don't think that this is too widely known.

Quicktracks

Comes with 10 full length ROYALTY-FREE music tracks and they really do sound nice. Configuration of the tracks gives you many choices to choose from. Comes with an easy to understand help file. Install, Open PE, right-click in the Media Panel --> "New Item" --> "Smartsound" and follow the prompts. I've already played with this a little today, so any questions and I may be able to help. It sort of reminds me of the iTunes interface. You can actually organize the audio you use for video.

Best of all - FREE!

This one's worth a sticky.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Clayton » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:02 pm

I bought this program for Premeire Pro and got an album of various sounds. I was very good for things like adding applause and others. It also would search out other music I had stored on my computer. I never thought about adding this to Elements. Since I haven't used Premiere Pro in a good while, I need to figure out how to move it to Elements.

Clayton :violent1:
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Gerry » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:35 pm

Wow. This is TREMENDOUS!

I downloaded it and it works great. I totally forgot that I still had Pinnacle Studio loaded on this machine, and that comes with SmartSound. So I've got a nice little library already.

Thanks for the heads-up!
Gerry
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Dee Dee Warren » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:24 am

Great I am going to try this out next week.
Dee Dee Warren

Re: Quicktracks Music Plug-In for Premiere Elements

Postby roadsideron » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:27 am

I have Pinnacle Studio also. How do I import the Smartsound into PE 4.0?
roadsideron
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:34 am

When you install Smartsounds, it asks you if you want it to search for other installed Quicktracks. After installation, there is a Migration tab under options.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Gerry » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:30 pm

roadsideron wrote:I have Pinnacle Studio also. How do I import the Smartsound into PE 4.0?

I'd like to second this question. I love Smart Sound/Quicktracks, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it to show up in the "New Items" listing in PE4.
Gerry
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Gerry » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:26 pm

HA! I figured it out.

I had Quicktracks installed in PE2, so this may not work for everyone. (Remember: Quicktracks is a freebie -- go to Smartsound.com and download the installer.) I'm assuming this works if you had it installed in PE3, too.

Go to Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0\Plug-ins\en_US and locate a file called "ImporterQuicktracks.prm" . Copy that to your desktop or somewhere you'll know where it is.

Then go to Program Files \Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0\Plug-ins\en_US and put that "ImporterQuicktracks.prm" file there.

Now, when you run Premiere Elements 4 and you select "New Item" (lower right corner of the Media/Project window), SmartSound will show up as an option, along with "Black Video," "Bars and Tone," etc.
Dell XPS 8500 desktop w/ Intel i7-3770 CPU @ 3.4ghz / 22 gigs RAM / Radeon HD7570 1g dedicated video memory/ PrEl 11 & 9 / Photoshop and Illustrator CS5 / After Effects CS4 / Olympus OM-D E-M5 DSLR (1080i HD video)

Time is money, life is change.
Gerry
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bill Hunt » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:16 pm

Now that QuickTracks for Premiere is a free plug-in (seems that I paid US$99 for it years ago), just downloading the QT's for Premiere installer and installing will automatically place it into Premiere/Premiere Elements. I do not know if one needs to do the copy routine, unless maybe multiple versions of PE/Pro might cause problems. With my laptop, I had Pro CS2 and PE4. One install of the plug-in located it into both Adobe programs.

As Robert states, under Tools, once QT's for Prem. is running, you can do many things for useing the music libraries, say from Pinnacle or Cyberlink, etc.. The first thing that I do is to set up my folders for QT's. It wants library handlers in its default \\Documents & Settings folder, so leave that one alone. Next, one can add a location for all of the SmartSound Music. Because I have a big honkin' library of their music, I locate this onto another physical HDD. For the laptop, I'm using a 2TB FW-800 external. It's got all of my SFX and my SmartSound Music on it. Set this second folder as the location where SmartSound will copy all new music. Its icon will change, when you do. Per Robert's instructions, the Migrate will search the entire system and get all of your SmartSound Music into that folder. When you purchase either single tracks, or complete discs, all copying will be done to that folder. If you have, and use QT's in other applications, you'll need to set those up to use the same folder structure.

Note also, that if you have, or add, SmartSound's SonicFire Pro (a stand-alone, albeit a great one), you'll want to set it up the same way - same folders. Then, when you get your shiny new SmartSound disc, you will need to start QT's (only one version necessary) and insert the disc. In a moment, it'll ask if you wish to add this music. After an OK and an Accept for the license, you'll be asked if you wish to Copy the Music. I do so, as I hate swapping DVDs around. For QT's, you want one of two possible selections: 22KHz, or 44KHz. From QT's do not choose 48KHz, if you have a Strata Series, or BackStage Series disc. More on that later. QT's will now copy all of your files to your designated folder, and the library handlers and previews to the \\\Documents & Settings location. Then, these cuts will appear when you select the music from QT's.

If you also have SonicFire Pro, you will need to launch it and do the same thing. Here, you'll want the 48KHz version, if you have bought a Strata Series, or BackStage Series disc. If you only got one of the 44KHz, or 22KHz versions, then this is unnecessary. The beauty of this program is that with Strata & BackStage Series discs, you have better sound (48KHz), but also the Multi-layer Music, that allows you to make all sorts of great changes to the music, even soloing individual instruments in many cases.

This two-step install of music (if you have both SFP & QT's) is not spelled out well. That's why I'm listing it here.

Also, it's a good thing to download the "preview" files from SmartSound. This allows you to search their entire library for the music that you want. These previews are updated, as they update their library, so I let SmartSound programs do this automatically, whenever I launch them. Maybe the only auto update function on any of my computers. When searching for music, you have several choices like "Music Owned by Me," "Music on My Computer," "All," etc.. From within the two programs, SFP & QT's, you can purchase individual cuts from SmartSound. From another thread, it seems that the individual Strata Series cuts, are avaialble from SFP. Probably the same for the BackStage Series. All of the rest can be purchased individually right from the SmartSound application with a credit card. The updated previews allow you to hear the music, and also sort by various criteria. That search criteria has been greatly expanded in SFP 5.

Last - be sure to register your QT's for Premiere and make sure that you check to get the e-mails from SmartSound. They only send these out when they have updates to the programs or sales on the music, unlike some software companines that fill your in-box with junk. You want the e-mails from SmartSound, so you can hear of new music, updates to the programs and also those sales!

Enjoy,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:48 pm

The free offer is still good but their website says it's for PE1,2,3. Has anyone tried it for PE8.01?
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:16 am

Premiere Elements 8 comes bundled with a free copy of SmartSound Quicktracks, Tree. ;)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Tools