They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The Modosteady

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

Re: The Modosteady

Postby Greg mgm » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:11 pm

Yes John, more reviews is a GOOD thing! I watched one that Chuck made and found it very helpful and informative. I assume more people don't put them together since they're very time consuming to make. Maybe we should start a list of things that we'd like to see a review of.
Greg mgm
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:23 pm

Greg mgm wrote:Maybe we should start a list of things that we'd like to see a review of.

Good idea Greg :)

This is a forum of people helping people, if you can provide a review or an answer please do.
If you have another opinion please let us know that too. No one here is perfect, I make incorrect assumptions in answering posts myself.
As we often say, I learn something new here everyday. The main thing is to provide input when you can, it is up to all of us to sort out all of the information together.
That is what a community like this is all about.

Thanks to everyone for this thread, it is has been very informative and helpful to many. Let's continue on helping each other be the best we can be =D>

There, my chearleading is finished (do you think I should be a motivational speaker?) :-k

Just call me Chuck 'Pump them Up' Engels 8-[
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:39 pm

Just wanted to give an update on ye-olde Modosteady. After finally realizing that my camcorder Sony HC5 was just too heavy for use, the Modosteady has been resting quietly in a drawer waiting for redemption…..Well that day of redemption has happened today. A friend sent me a link to a movie made with an iPhone 4 that started me thinking about the Modosteady again. I crafted a c-clamp like attachment that I attached to the Modosteady and it works really well. The iPhone video looks pretty smooth and it is super easy to use. When I do not want to lug out my main camera I can use this one to have in a pinch. Now I need the 4G with HD video….it’s always something.

Sidd

Here is the movie I was talking about:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EwCLeD3z9o[/youtube]
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Paul LS » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:19 pm

Pretty cool, especially the "making of". I was also quite surprised by the quality of the video.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:12 pm

Yes that was a really cool idea. I shot some video with my iPhone 3Gs and the modosteady. I will post shortly.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby sidd finch » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:24 pm

filmed at our local muni-rosegarden:
sidd finch

Postby Paul LS » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:42 am

Certainly very steady. I would have thought the iphone would be too light for the modesteady to work properly. And what a lovely garden, dont think I have ever seen so many different colour roses. Not even here in England.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Briantho » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:18 am

Hi Sidd, might you have a photo of your clamp you could post here? Much appreciated! :-)
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:48 am

Hi Brian here are some shots I took. The quality of the video is not great but the combination of the camera and modosteady make this a really quick and easy thing to bring out and about. Our local rosegarden is so full of flowers and color it was the best place to show off the modosteady.

Sidd

and then:

Last:

sidd finch

Postby Briantho » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:19 am

Thanks Sidd, that looks fairly straightforward - I'll have a go at making one! :-)
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:13 am

I also forgot to mention that there is a free app for the iPhone called iHandy Level. I use this app to set up the phone to make sure it is level before I start recording.

Cheers
Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Briantho » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:06 am

Yes, great, I worked that out. I hope to get an iPhone 4 in a couple of weeks and I'm REALLY looking forward to it. Of course I'll have a 'bumper' round it - if only to reduce the risk of it jumping out of my pocket. My daughter had a 3GS (like you?) and is VERY happy with it. Did you see the latest Macworld magazine? The front cover is a picture of an iPhone4 taken with an iPhone4. Look it up on the web - pretty impressive I think. All the best, Brian.
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:34 am

That iPhone4 looks to be really cool. I am sure you will like it. I looked up that picture and it is pretty crisp and clean. I think that the Modosteady will do wonders for the footage when you get it. Just for kicks I stuck a Sony wide angle lens (VCL-E07A) on my 3Gs case with some "funtack" and the footage looked pretty cool. The iPhone had a little bit harder time focusing but for a "fun" project it worked out ok. Then I went back to editing my HDV footage from my camera and realized the quantum leap there is between HDV and VGA.

Sidd
sidd finch

Previous

Return to Tools