They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Formatting Problems

Specific to Premiere Elements version 14

Formatting Problems

Postby jacartisan » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:12 pm

In taking a high resolution photo and putting it on a timeline for a video, the photo appears square, with blank spaces on either side and is blurred. I tried to change the image using.. "Image Size".. to change the photo to a 1920x1080 video format. In doing so the photo fit the video format but the photo image was distorted and blurry.

QUESTION: How can I reformat a high resolution "square photo", to conform to a video landscape format [1920x1080], without causing distortion and blurriness?
The program I am using is: Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 and Adobe Premiere Elements 14.
jacartisan
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Formatting Problems

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:26 pm

Select the Crop tool and set its Tool Options to constrain your choice to 1920px by 1080px. (Be sure to include the "px" after the numbers.)

Drag your crop over your picture. This will likely cut some from the top and/or bottom of your photo, but it will create a 1920x1080 picture -- the perfect size to fit your 1920x1080 video frame. Save it as a JPG and you're good to go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 14