They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Some more PRE14 and Organizer 14 problems

Specific to Premiere Elements version 14

Some more PRE14 and Organizer 14 problems

Postby Walter Seaton » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:37 pm

Premiere Elements 14

I am sorry to bug you again (I trust it will only be necessary very occasionally in future). I have tried using the “Help” thread but although it suggests that it is Help for 14 it in fact only addresses 15.

(This is for your information only, to show the program I have – 14-1 - does not seem to coincide with some of the general instructions.) My PRE 14 does not open with the Welcome Screen. Instead there is a screen offering a choice of “Add Media”, “Create a template based movie”, “Tell our story using titles”, “Learn video editing”. I can only get the Welcome Screen by going to the “Help” drop down menu. Although the default command is “On Start Always Launch Welcome Screen”, it does not (no problem for me – I have never used it anyway.)

In Timeline View (I only use the Expert setting) each clip is represented by a band which shows only the first and last frame. I have always used to set my timeline to show all frames – the way they are illustrated throughout in your excellent book on PSE14 and PRE14 (yes, it finally arrived). In PRE12 there was a toggle button to the left of the timeline with which it was possible to adjust having all the frames, only the two end frames or no frames. This does not appear in PRE14, so how can I change the view to show all frames?

Organizer

Although this is now working quite well (not much different from Organizer 12) although it is extremely slow (I sometimes have to wait for 2 minutes for the app to respond to a command), the one thing I miss very much is not also having the name (or frame number such as IMG_0275.CR2) of an image or clip under the frame, together with the date/time and star rating which still show – is it possible to add this?

32 vs 64 bits

To respond to an earlier comment by you why I am still using 32 bits, when I upgraded from an earlier version of Windows to 10, the upgrade copied 32 bits as in my earlier version. I have a very large number of applications which I use frequently; not only do I shudder at the thought of having to reinstall all of them (I understand it is necessary to uninstall all traces of Windows 10-32 and then reinstall with Windows 10-64) and I do not even know if many of these apps will work in 64 bits. That is why I am sticking to 32.

Again, very many thanks to your prompt and helpful responses.
3.70 gigahertz Intel 6-Core i7-8700K; Windows10PRO 64 bit; Board: ROG STRIX Z370-G ; 16MB RAM; Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050Ti ; 2 ViewSonic VP2365 Monitors; 2 internal SSDs 1TB each; 3 HDs: 2x2TB and 1x3TB; Camera Panasonic PV-DV953D; Sound Files .wav.
Walter Seaton
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Some more PRE14 and Organizer 14 problems

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:05 pm

Walter Seaton wrote:Premiere Elements 14

how can I change the view to show all frames?

Hi Walter,

Right click on the video track far left to open the context menu. From there select Display Style > All Thumbnails.

Personally I like the First and Last thumbnail as it takes less processing for the user interface and most systems will load and run faster. No matter what you choose the video is always visible in the monitor.

Thumbnail Display v14.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:07 pm

As far as the Organizer goes I never use it so really don't know very much about it, sorry. I am sure that someone else here will be able to answer any questions related to the organizer.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:43 pm

As we always say, it's best to only ask one question per thread. It's very difficult to give you complete answers to half a dozen questions in one thread.

As for your Welcome Screen, go to the Premiere Elements Help menu and select Welcome Screen. When it opens, click the cog in the upper right hand corner and ensure that the screen is set to open when the program is launched (assuming you want it to open when the program is launched). As you can see, you can also set it up to skip the Welcome Screen and launch right into the program.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 14