They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Shocked and Amazed

Specific to Premiere Elements version 14

Shocked and Amazed

Postby delgadob » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:44 pm

I am absolutely shocked and amazed by Premiere Elements 14 and Steve Grisetti's videos and books. Excellent program and excellent books and videos!

How much difference is there between Premiere Elements 14 and Premiere Pro CS6 or CC?

Hope there is not too much so I could kiss Avid's Media Composer goodbye and join Premiere Pro.

Thanks for info.

Bert
delgadob
New User
New User

Re: Shocked and Amazed

Postby Peru » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:20 pm

Some info here:
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... iere%20pro

The biggest difference, in my opinion, is sequences. In Premiere Pro, you can have multiple sequences (timelines) and copy and paste from project to project with ease.

Another big difference is that you will need a much, much, more powerful computer, with multiple hard drives, in order to run Premiere Pro comfortably. Scroll down and read all of the articles on this page:
http://ppbm7.com/index.php/tweakers-page

Premiere Elements has a lot of automatic stuff, unlike Premiere Pro, but Premiere Pro allows much more control of the editing process.
Peru

Postby momoffduty » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:33 pm

Welcome Bert to Muvipix! :wcm:
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Bob » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:14 pm

There are some quite significant differences between Premiere Elements and Premiere Pro. But, If you've been using AVID Media Composer, you shouldn't have any problems learning and adapting to Premiere Pro. There are a lot of similarities (and differences, of course). You can use the included AVID keyboard shortcuts to make the transition easier, and you can rearrange the workspace to look similar. But, in my opinion, it's better to just learn the program rather than try to make it look like an AVID knockoff. Assuming you've been using the Expert timeline in Elements, a lot of what you've learned with Elements will transfer to Pro. The basics are the same or similar for both programs. But, Pro will let you do a lot more. Expect that the consumer level features in Elements will be missing from Pro though. On the other hand, you will be gaining some very useful features and capabilities that just aren't present in Elements.

As far as the hardware requirements, if you're running AVID comfortably on your present machine, you'll most likely be fine with Premiere Pro too.
Bob

Postby Peru » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:28 pm

I forgot to say, "Welcome to Muvipix!" :meet:
Peru

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:27 pm

Thanks for your kind words about our Muvipix books and site, Bert! Welcome to our friendly community!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:46 pm

Bert,

Just a thought... Rather than a shotgun approach to the differences, is there something in particular about Premiere Elements or Premiere Pro that you would like to know? It would be easier for use to give you a reasonable answer to your question if we have a better idea as to what you are looking for in Pro and how you intend to use it.
Bob

Postby sidd finch » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:36 am

Premiere Elements 14 and Steve Grisetti's videos and books

Steve has a way of breaking down the steps in a pretty easy to understand way. I am still trying to juxtapose his relaxed manner with his teenage years protecting mob informants.... :whew:

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:46 am

I yam what I yam, Sidd.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby delgadob » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:19 pm

Thanks for all the answers and the welcome.

If and when I have to learn Adobe Premier, I will not be comparing it to Avid's Media Composer. Throughout the years I had to learn different programs and have learned that the worst thing anyone can do is comparing a software with another.
I just simple tackle the new one without looking back.

Again, thanks for all the comments and info.

Bert
delgadob
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:20 pm

Hi Bert,

:wcm:

:::muvipix:::
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 14