They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Country/Region setting

Specific to Premiere Elements version 14

Country/Region setting

Postby tedco » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:09 am

Hi,

I have just purchased Adobe Premiere Elements and PhotoShop Elements 14, and installed same without problems.

Getting used to the new Preferences, I have problems updating to the correct country - I live in Australia.

Adobe Premiere Elements 14 do correctly shows Country/Region as Australia.

However, Elements Organizer shows Ashmore and Cartier Islands, and PhotoShop Elements shows Coral Sea Island.
Changing to Australia is possible, but it revert back to the countries mentioned here, when exiting Preferences.
I can change to United Kingdom, but not Australia .

I have tried to delete Elements Preferences (Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 Prefs.psp) from folder C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Elements\{version number} but to no avail.

I have removed and re-installed PhotoShop Elements 14, but still no success.

I have also checked that I have the latest update from Adobe.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong ?

Thank you for your help and support.
tedco

Re: Country/Region setting

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:08 am

That's an interesting problem, Ted. I'll do some research and see what I can see.

Meantime, maybe someone who understands how all those drivers connect will offer a solution.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:10 pm

That's a tough one. It's really not clear as to why you cannot update the preferences through the program.

Premiere Elements, Photoshop Elements, and the Organizer each have their own separate preferences file. Here are where they are located:

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Elements\{version number}
C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\{version number}\Editor
C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Elements Organizer\{version number}\Organizer

In addition, there may be registry entries for each of those applications.

Besides deleting the preferences files and letting the applications recreate them, there is something else you can try. That's to try running each application in Administrator mode to make the preferences changes. The security settings in Windows 7, 8, and 10 sometimes prevent applications from writing to protected file locations or registry keys. Running the program as an administrator bypasses the security settings and allows it to write to the protected areas. You should only need to do this once for each of three applications.

Find where Photoshop Elements, Premiere Elements, and Elements Organizer are installed and locate the main program in each folder. (By default, they are installed in a folder under C:\Program Files\Adobe.) Right click on the main program (will end in .exe) and select "run as administrator". Make the preference change and exit the program. After doing all three applications, start them normally and check to see if the preferences updated. Hopefully, that did it.
Bob

Postby tedco » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:37 am

Sorry for not replying earlier to this issue,

I have tried the suggestions, but have not been able to change to correct country/region.

Also, did a complete search in the Registry for "Coral Sea Islands", but nothing came up - to be sure, did another search for only "Coral" with no match.

I am at a loss, and can't find anything on Adobe's site.

I would think I am not alone with this problem,

Regards
tedco

Postby tedco » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:09 am

I have just had a 'chat session' with Ajay from Adobe, and his response to the country/region issue is below:

"Seems like this is a problem with certain regions on which the engineering team is working. We will be coming with a fix with the release of update of PSE 14 soon."

I did a search of my registry file for "Country", and oddly - only Premiere Elements 14 have a country entry with country code as 12 (Australia).

Elements and Organizer have no Country entry - still reckon it must be a bug, although Ajay from Adobe denied this.

Regards
tedco

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:15 am

Thanks for the update Ted :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 14