They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

burn issue in PE 13

Specific to Premiere Elements version 13

burn issue in PE 13

Postby videogeorge » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:14 pm

Hi all, I'm using PE 13. When I try to burn my project which is 2 hours long either to disc, folder, or iso image, it says encoding media but the fuel guage moves quickly (takes about 10 seconds or so to get to 98% and then stops there without finishing. Any thoughts on what might be happening? Thanks in advance.
videogeorge
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: burn issue in PE 13

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:25 pm

Just a thought here until the experts chime in...your project may be too long. How about taking a small portion of that project and try to burn that. If that works then you know the answer. Try a 10 minute segment.

The forum honchos will probably move your post to the PE 13 forum.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:56 am

The speed your video transcodes is a based on a combination of the speed of your machine, the length of your project, the number of effects you've added and the formats of your audio and video. What model of camcorder is your video from?

Generally a hang-up at 98% indicates either a gap on the video timeline or stop marker at the end of your timeline. Are either of those things going on in your project?

Though I'd definitely heed TreeTop's advice. Even Hollywood professionals don't mixed down 2 hours of raw footage when they make a movie. The wiser move is to work on your movie in 10-15 minute segments, output each as a 1920x1080 mp4 and then combine those mp4s in a final project. Assuming you've got a computer with lots of free, clean, deframented hard drive space, you should have no problems then.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby videogeorge » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:15 pm

Thank you Treetops and Steve. I'll heed your suggestions and let you know.
videogeorge
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby videogeorge » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:30 pm

Steve wrote: "The speed your video transcodes is a based on a combination of the speed of your machine, the length of your project, the number of effects you've added and the formats of your audio and video. What model of camcorder is your video from?"

This is a VHS to Digital conversion using Adesso capture device. The tape was running in a JVC VCR that I've done numerous conversions with. One issue that might be pertinent to this problem is that the audio wasn't syncing exactly to the video, there was about a 2 second delay. I unlinked the video and audio and made the adjustment on the audio to correct it, which it did. I didn't know how to re-link the video and audio on the timeline and wondering if that's part of the problem. I didn't see any gaps in the timeline though.
videogeorge
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:39 pm

This issue is likely because of the digitizer (Adesso) you're using. It's creating a file that does not play nice with Premiere Elements.

Open one of the videos Adesso has created in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the report that appears under this View/Text panel and paste it to this forum. Once we see what the specs are of your video we may have a better idea why things are going well for you.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:06 am

If Adesso turns out to be the issue as Steve suggested, you might want to consider using a piece of freeware called handbrake. It will convert the original file into a file that your editor will be able to edit quite easily.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to PRE Version 13