They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Needing to constantly render

Specific to Premiere Elements version 13

Needing to constantly render

Postby sadddletree » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:16 pm

I am now needing to render every time I make any kind of a change at all. Even if I just make a cut in a section the line along the top of that whole section is orange and when I try to play it, the audio is usually OK but the video stops and starts. So after every single change I now have to render. I didn't used to have to do this. My computer is defragged. I am not running anything else except Elements. Any suggestions as to why this is happening?
Windows 10, Intel (R) Core, i7 - 6500 U CPU @ 2.50 GHz 2.6 GHz, 12 GB RAM
sadddletree
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Needing to constantly render

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:22 am

Are you editing simple AVCHD MTS video from your Canon camcorder and are your project settings a perfect match for your video?

Also, go to your Preferences and uncheck the option to use Hardware Acceleration (which only improves performance if you have and Intel Graphics system).
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sadddletree » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:31 am

Yes, it is AVCHD MTS video, recorded at 60P. I am attaching screenshots of the project settings. The Hardware Acceleration is unchecked, as that was causing problems before.

Project settings 1.jpg

Project settings 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sadddletree
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:13 pm

Well, clearly your project settings don't match your video specs, if you're really shooting in 60p.

But I'm surprised you're having performance issues with such a fast computer.

Is your computer a simple, stock set-up -- no partitioned drives or virtual memory spread to another drive or RAID setups or anything beyond a basic computer?

And, likewise, is there anything at all unusual about how Premiere Elements is set up? Are your media and project files on your C drive or in another location.

What's going on is very strange. If everything you have setup is standard, I can't imagine what would cause your renders to be lost every time you re-open your project.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sadddletree » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:31 pm

Is there a way to make the project settings match?

Off the shelf computer. Not partitioned. All parts of each video in one main folder though divided into separate folders in it.

As far as I know Premier Elements is set up OK. Loaded it from the disc and there were no complications. We still have the menu malfunction so that is an issue. Also I keep getting a message saying that the update to 13.1 is available. Click to install and it says it is installing. Opens the program again and the message saying that the update to 13.1 is still available. No matter how many times I try to install it, it does the same thing. So there may be glitches somewhere in the program, but I don't know how to fix it.

It doesn't lose the renders when I open a project. But as soon as I do anything at all, even just cutting the video and nothing else, then the video is so bad it needs to be rendered right away so I can work on it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sadddletree
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby sadddletree » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:20 pm

Something else that is happening is that when I open a file which I have worked on previously and saved on this computer, no alterations, it often has to conform the audio. Should it need to do this almost every time?
sadddletree
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Bob » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:37 pm

Read this thread in Adobe forums about audio conforming. It has some good information that may help you figure out what's going on. It's about Premiere Pro, but it applies equally to Premiere Elements.
Bob

Postby sadddletree » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:15 am

Thanks Bob. That may be what is going on. Unfortunately it doesn't tell you how to do what they want you to do...
sadddletree
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby sadddletree » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:15 am

Another example of what is happening. It used to be if I added a transition, then only the frames involved in the transition needed to be rendered. Now the whole clips on either side of the transition need to be rendered again. Does this help anyone figure out what is happening?
sadddletree
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:16 am

Just to confirm, saddletree, you do have Quicktime 7's components installed on your computer, right? I have a vague memory of this constant rendering issue being related to an older version of Quicktime.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sadddletree » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:18 pm

It doesn't look like there is any quicktime on my computer, nor has there ever been when it was working better.
sadddletree
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:06 pm

saddletree, There's been a problem with clips that have been stabilized (shake reduction fx). Render files become lost or lose sync when you open the project, especially if there are other effects on the clips with shake reduction. I think I recall a problem as well when titles are used in parallel with clips that have shake reduction. Do you have anything like that?
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:12 pm

And I still would recommend your installing the Quicktime components, as the program does depend on them.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sadddletree » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:04 pm

I haven't used the shake reduction fx at all.

Steve, I did install quicktime. No changes

I had a tech guy come in today to check out the computer and see if he could help. He was able to get the 13.1 installed well, and right off the bat it looked like it had helped. I put in a transition and only those frames needed rendering, as earlier. But with very minimal working with the program, it was all back the way it was before, needing rendering for the full video segments if I added a transition or even made a cut. So... what does this mean?

Oh, and if I do upgrade to 15, what does this do to the files I have worked on? Will they be all messed up? And how different is that program? This one has been enough of a learning curve (as you all who have helped me know! Thanks!) How different is 15 from 13?
sadddletree
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:29 am

sadddletree wrote:...and if I do upgrade to 15, what does this do to the files I have worked on? Will they be all messed up? And how different is that program?...

The general advice is to complete the project in the version of PrEl that you started that project in.

However, you can import that project into a newer version of PrEl but, just in case, make sure that you keep a copy of the previous version's .prel file so you can go back to the older version of PrEl if you need to.

Note that once you begin working on the project in the newer version of PrEl there is no going back to the older version unless you choose to lose all of the work that you carried out in the newer version. (Hope that makes sense :-D )
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Next

Return to PRE Version 13