They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

13 Crashes when I go to publish

Specific to Premiere Elements version 13

13 Crashes when I go to publish

Postby Angela in Phx » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:50 pm

after Windows 10 Security Update. I presume, based on my google search, this issue has not been resolved and you still recommend saving to mpg and then upload to youtube? and if so, shame on Windows 10 security updates. I did the web preferences update which is simply a refresh and that didn't help.
Don't worry about things YOU cannot control.
Angela in Phx
New User
New User

Re: 13 Crashes when I go to publish

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:49 am

Is this a follow-up to another conversation, Angela? It sounds like we're joining you in mid-thought?

If so, it might have been wise to continue this conversation from your original thread so we can see it in context.

There is no security update that I'm aware of that's bugging up outputs from Premiere Elements 13. But it's hard to say what's going on without knowing more about your system and your project.

If you'd like for us to help you troubleshoot your situation, please let us know what processor you have, how much RAM and how much free, clean, defragmented space is on your C drive.

Also tell us what model of camcorder your video is coming from and what format and resolution it is.

BTW, you should not output to an MPEG if you're going upload your video to YouTube. A much better option is to use Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the YouTube HD preset. This creates an MP4 that's optimized for upload to social media sites.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Angela in Phx » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:20 am

I'm sorry. I had looked at some other conversations on this issue and was using that as an intro.

I have been running Prem 13 on my computer ever since 13 came out. I converted to Windows 10 and have run it ever since (say 6 months or so). Two nites ago Windows ran the automatic security update and now when I go to Publish, 13 says it has to shut down. I did some of the fixes suggested in the Adobe forum and it still crashes. Altho I haven't done the reinstall as I'm not sure how to do that since I downloaded it from Adobe. I may try that.

Intel® Core™ i7-4790 Processor, 4-core @ 3.6GHz (4.0GHz Turbo) with HT, 8MB L3 Cache, 84 watts
331G free space

I don't use a camcorder. I use a camera, upload files from the camera to my computer and then upload to Premiere. I've been doing it that way for years. I've uploaded over 1000 videos to youtube (mostly hiking videos).

The only thing that changed was the Windows 10 update I did a couple nites ago.

I did save the movie to the mpg file and uploaded the file to youtube altho it takes a lot longer. I will try your option to use Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the YouTube HD preset (should I use the 30 fpm?). Thank you for that suggestion. I'll be curious to see how it looks.

By the way, I'm so glad you all are still around and going strong. I was more involved with the site several years ago but life changes...
Angela in Phx
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:14 pm

Well, of course, anything you can do to help support the site (like buying a subscription) can help ensure we're still around when you or others need us in the future. We don't make much profit running this site, but we do need significant capital to keep it up and running.

That said, I'd try uninstalling Premiere Elements and reinstalling it. That usually fixes any problems any updates cause.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Angela in Phx » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:25 pm

ya, I haven't donated in awhile as I haven't used the site in quite some time but it's a worthy cause. Anyway, the reload of 13 didn't work :mad: . As far as I know it has to be related to that Windows 10 Security upgrade but since no one else is having issues after that security update earlier this week; it has to be something unique to my machine. My brother has some ideas so I'll see what he has in mind. Meanwhile, I'll have to do the Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD upload even though it takes so much longer. My other brother who works in the tech business might have some ideas as well as to what is causing this so I'll check with him too. If I get a resolution, I will share.

Thank you.
Angela in Phx
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:36 am

Thanks, Angela.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Angela in Phx » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:18 pm

Just an update. I'm still having the same issue. I am probably going to upgrade from 13 to 15 but am worried it is something with my machine so I'll do the trial version first.
Angela in Phx
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:31 am

Always a wise move.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Angela in Phx » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:40 am

I uploaded the 15 trial and was able to publish video. I still think the 13 issue had to do with the windows 10 update (it was the major one) but since I can't fix that without a re-build, I think I'll just get the 15. I'm rather glad it came out when it did as I had planned to purchase it anyway. Now I have to get used to the new interface and try out that new stabilizer. I never was impressed with the old one so just relied on youtube's. I wonder what the other folks did that had the same issue as me over the last couple years.
Angela in Phx
New User
New User

Postby Angela in Phx » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:16 pm

well Windows updated and now 15 won't load to youtube. It goes thru the whole render and transfer process and then says there was an error. Before it wouldn't even start the share/export process on 13. Oh joy! So now I'm doing a sfc scan to see if I can find what causes this because I don't want to have to re-load Premiere (not even sure that will work) after every Windows Update. I did create a recent Restore Point too that I haven't tried going back to you yet.

Anyway, Steve, what version should I use on 15 to create a file to upload for youtube? The settings seem to be different than what you recommended for 13.

Thank you.
Angela in Phx
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:16 am

One thing we always emphasize on this forum is that we aren't technical support for either Adobe or Microsoft or Apple. Operating systems are terribly complicated things, and we never guarantee we can fix everything on your computer. All we can do is show you how the programs are designed to work -- and occasionally offer some tips on keeping things running.

That said though, have you uninstalled/reinstalled your programs since updating Windows 10? That's always a first stop.

Second, have you ensured you have Quicktime 7's components installed? Although version 15 is less dependent on Quicktime, versions of Premiere Elements prior to version 15 are highly dependent on Quicktime's components in order to import, edit and output certain video formats.

Finally, do you have an nVidia or GeForce graphics card? We've seen all kinds of reports over the past couple of weeks of the latest nVidia drivers "breaking" programs, including Premiere Elements. So, if you've got an nVidia or GeForce graphics card, that's a whole separate issue.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 13