They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Rotation

Specific to Premiere Elements version 13

Rotation

Postby sadddletree » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:13 pm

Trying to straighten up a slightly tilted video. Standing on the back of a truck with two feed of the tripod held up on a hay bale and the view finder way above my head, holding the tripod as still as possible to get shots from above the back of an 18.2 hand horse - that is over 6' tall at the withers - I did pretty well considering... But it is still a bit tilted. In using the rotation feature in the applied effects, I can't make small enough adjustments with the central slider. I probably need 2 degrees and minimal I can get is 3, and usually far more. Clicking on the + sign gives me about 1/2 of what I need, but it only does it once. How can I be more precise in changing rotation?
Windows 10, Intel (R) Core, i7 - 6500 U CPU @ 2.50 GHz 2.6 GHz, 12 GB RAM
sadddletree
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Rotation

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:52 pm

If you click on the actual rotation degrees number you can then type in the desired degrees directly. After you've typed it in, just hit the Enter key to apply. If you want to enter negative degrees type a minus sign first. It will accept down to tenths of a degree.

Degrees.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sadddletree » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:49 am

Thank you!! I figured there had to be somewhere to type it. Lesson - anything with a dash under it is clickable and changeable... (I know, a kid would have been able to tell us this. Just don't have kids handy...)

Thanks again!
Windows 10, Intel (R) Core, i7 - 6500 U CPU @ 2.50 GHz 2.6 GHz, 12 GB RAM
sadddletree
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:46 am

sadddletree wrote:Thank you!! I figured there had to be somewhere to type it. Lesson - anything with a dash under it is clickable and changeable

Exactly. This applies to most other types of adjustments too. You're welcome!
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Return to PRE Version 13