They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Scene Menu Buttons Distort After I Save Them

Specific to Premiere Elements version 13

Scene Menu Buttons Distort After I Save Them

Postby prkraus » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:30 pm

I am working in Premiere Elements 13 on a PC. When I create a scene menu, I have had to resize some of the buttons to prevent overlap. They look fine, I save them, and I close the file.

When I open up the file again, the buttons are distorted and misshapen, the text is barely legible, and there are black bands across some of the images in the button areas. Some of my scene labels are long - 6 words or so. Why is this happening and what can I do to prevent it? Thanks.
prkraus

Re: Scene Menu Buttons Distort After I Save Them

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:19 am

Hard to say, pr. It could be that something is up with the template you're using. Or the font.

FWIW, in my experience, the Premiere Elements Movie Menu templates as a rule don't allow for very long names on the scene menu. I always end up resizing or moving things around to prevent overlap.

I'm not sure about the black bands. I'd have to actually see a screen capture. I've not experienced anything like that.

On the other hand, I've been using DVD Architect Studio for years as my disc authoring program. I'm familiar with the Premiere Elements' disc authoring system, but I rarely use it. DVD Architect is so much more intuitive. And, for $39, it's paid for itself many times over! I just output the finished movie in a DVD-ready format from Premiere Elements (we've got a free tutorial on our site that shows you how) and then import that into DVD Arch.

But that doesn't excuse problems you're having with Premiere Elements. It should work also. But we'll need a bit more detail -- and some screen shots -- before we can say what's up.

Meantime, does this same problem occur if you use a different Movie Menu template?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 13