They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Cannot render one small segment

Specific to Premiere Elements version 13

Cannot render one small segment

Postby Naturopath4you » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:08 pm

Okay all you helpful guys (any helpful gals here as well?)
I have cut my last problematical 3 hour project in many segments.
I rendered them in sizes from 15 to 30 minutes each and almost all worked just fine.
One small segment about 20 to 30 minutes from the end of the project, keeps coming up as an error and won't complete the render (even though it always shows100%)
I tried cutting it down to 5 or 6 minutes, pre-rendering it and playing it which plays perfectly and it still wont do a final save/render.
This, after rebuilding the entire project from scratch!
Maybe I will dig up the non rebuilt version and see if that short piece will render.
This gets maddening as it is part of a 60 minute piece the rest of which rendered just fine
Thought anyone?
intel i7 Quad /Wind 7/64 / 32 gig RAM /Geoforce GTX1060/ 2 terabyte RAID-1 internal / 16 terabyte DROBO-5D external /Laptop Dell Latitude 3340 i5 Dual 2.6ghx 12gig RAM
Naturopath, Clinical Nutritionist and educator http://www.DavidGetoff.com
Naturopath4you

Re: Cannot renderr one small segment

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:46 pm

Maybe once I can review the original file I can see what's bugging it up.

Otherwise, we're all just guessing.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Naturopath4you » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:59 pm

Okay
I guess the U.S. mail is slow, they should have delivered it to you already
Thanks
David
intel i7 Quad /Wind 7/64 / 32 gig RAM /Geoforce GTX1060/ 2 terabyte RAID-1 internal / 16 terabyte DROBO-5D external /Laptop Dell Latitude 3340 i5 Dual 2.6ghx 12gig RAM
Naturopath4you

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:12 am

Small (even just one frame) gap in the timeline?
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Naturopath4you » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:07 am

Current update
I expanded the unrenderable segment (1 minute 36 second segment) to the full time line and it appears perfect
I played it and it looks and sounds perfect
I did a quick render with no problems
I archived it with no problems and brought it back from the archive and it still will not render/save
It is a video and audio track from my Cannon VIXIA and a screen recorder track with no audio from my screen recorder.
The same three tracks that the rest of the 3 hour project is made from and the rest before and after this piece is all completed and rendered with no issues (after I cut it up).

Personally I don't think cutting it up into segments was what helped. I bet If I could have identified this tiny part and pulled it out the rest would have rendered just like the other 5 three hour classes did in one piece each.
The archive of this tiny 3 track piece with just saving the 1 minute and 36 second time- line shows to be just over 4 gigs!
Any of you have a site I can upload the 4 gig archive to for you to look at it and help me figure this out?
Steve has or should have by now a flash drive I mailed him on Monday with the entire project and all raw files.
David
Naturopath4you

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:26 am

I'm concerned about recommending more random troubleshooting, David, especially since this topic keeps spreading over more and more threads. But here's one more thing to try.

1) Output your project using Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD using the preset for M2T 1920x1080. Make sure that this finished file does not include any strange glitches or missing scenes.
2) Open a new project and put the file you output on the timeline. Add your menu markers and movie menus.
3) Making sure Fit Content to Available Space is checked, output your DVD from this project.

This method breaks the process down into check-able pieces. If it STILL fails, I'm not sure what to do. The problem may be unique to your computer.

Meantime, please stop starting new threads dealing with the same issue. It makes it very difficult for us to keep track of what's been tried and what we've learned.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:06 pm

David, I have received your project files and media, which opened just fine on my computer and shows no errors or missing media.

That said, what are you trying to output this project as? (I know you've mentioned it before, but this topic is spread over so many threads, I'm not sure anymore.)

Know this: The file is too large to output as a DVD. The running time is three hours -- far too long for Premiere Elements to squeeze onto a 70-80 minute DVD disc. It's always WAAAAAY too large to produce as an AVCHD disc, which holds about 20 minutes of high-def video.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:43 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:Know this: The file is too large to output as a DVD. The running time is three hours...

DL DVD a possibility(?)
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Re: Cannot render one small segment

Postby Naturopath4you » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:02 pm

Okay, I will not start any new threads on this project. Got it.

In answer to Steve's question-- All five previous 3 hour classes were saved/rendered as MP4 H264 1440 x 1080P 25fps and all 5 three hour classes saved in this format without a hitch as 3 hour files without having to be split into smaller segments.. Only class #2 (of the 6) has had this problem) and that is the one I sent you
In general--
Yes I am sure I would benefit by a thorough explanation from some book (please tell me which , anybody?) of why Elements has so many different format possibilities for saving and the reasons and benefits for using or not using each one. This must be explained somewhere and if someone can point me to where, I would very much like to read about it and learn the reasons for my using the different formats. I'm certain that this knowledge would be helpful for future projects.

Yes I know that 3 hours is very long for a DVD, although I have a compressed video on a DVD (NOT Dual Layer) that was produced for me from one of my lectures, and that I have been selling for many years. It is 3 hours and 20 minutes long and plays perfectly. That being said I have never ever mentioned the word DVD in any of these strings. I don't know if I will put this course on DVD's or if, the way the industry is going, I may have it streaming for sale on my web site. Just don't know yet.

Lastly, I just finished deleting, one at a time, the three tracks in this dastardly unendurable class 2 segment. This has at last showed me that the issue is with the .WMV screen recorder track as the others would all complete a render. In addition, it is a 2 minute segment which for no observable reason (damn I would like to know why) prevents it from completing a save/render.

Since this makes no sense, and since that track looks perfect even when expanded all the way out across the time line, and since it plays perfectly, I just gave up and converted that entire 3 hour .WMV screen recorder segment into a MP4 file with my best video converter program. Quality looks fine and now with the converted file, it has finally rendered successfully. I am now trying to render the set of rendered segments for the 3 hour class # 2 all together. I presume it will work this time.

BUT--- Steve, since you have my files, see if you are able to render/save the last 60 minutes of my 3 hour project on your computer since it looks fine on both of our computers and yet the last hour would not render on mine???

As always
thank you all for your continued help
Naturopath4you

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:49 pm

I've rendered the timeline completely on your project, David, and the program did so without a hitch.

I'll next output the video as an 1440x1080p25 Mp4.

Once I've done that successfully, do you want me to just copy this Mp4 to your thumb drive and mail it back to you? There does not seem to be any bug or problem in your project or project files.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:34 am

Naturopath4you wrote:Yes I know that 3 hours is very long for a DVD, although I have a compressed video on a DVD (NOT Dual Layer) that was produced for me from one of my lectures, and that I have been selling for many years. It is 3 hours and 20 minutes long and plays perfectly.

If it was done commercially, it wasn't burned like a home DVD burner would do it. It was pressed like the movies you would buy on a DVD. It's a completely different process.
Peru

Postby Peru » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:43 am

Naturopath4you wrote:Yes I am sure I would benefit by a thorough explanation from some book (please tell me which , anybody?) of why Elements has so many different format possibilities for saving and the reasons and benefits for using or not using each one. This must be explained somewhere and if someone can point me to where, I would very much like to read about it and learn the reasons for my using the different formats. I'm certain that this knowledge would be helpful for future projects.

See if one of these tutorials helps:
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0

And this book:
http://muvipix.com/pe13.php
Peru

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:35 am

Thanks for mentioning the book, Peru! Yes, I do have a section of the book the discusses the various formats and what they're optimized for.

There's also this brilliant video.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=12478

It's amazing what valuable information is right here at Muvipix!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:13 am

Although I could not successfully output a 2 1/2 hour AVCHD from your project, I did succeed at outputting individual segments -- including the last segment.

My suspicion is that there is nothing wrong with Premiere Elements or the files themselves. You're simply overwhelming the resources. I've got a pretty powerful computer and it's clearly overwhelming my resources!

So working on it in small segments is definitely the way to go.

That said, I'm not sure I understand your workflow. Why are you taking a 1280x720 project and outputting it as a 1440x1080 MP4 -- and then using that to create a 720x480 DVD?

It's a strange workflow and it's certainly not helping things flow any more smoothly.

Why are you selecting the specs your selecting? Are you using this 1440x1080 MP4 for something other than a DVD source file?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:35 pm

I don't know if I will put this course on DVD's or if, the way the industry is going, I may have it streaming for sale on my web site. Just don't know yet.

That's fine. But, your choice of MP4 H264 1440 x 1080P 25fps as the output format is, at best, an odd duck. 1440x1080 is typically associated with the HDV format produced by tape based camcorders such as the Canon Vixia HV40, not h.264 MP4/AVC. And, 25 fps is the PAL standard used in the UK and various other countries, not the NTSC standard in use in North America. I know you are trying to deal with the differing frame rates of the 29.97 fps vixia video and the 20 fps wmv screen capture. But, you can place a 20 fps clip in a 29.97 fps project and Premiere elements will automatically take care of the frame rate difference - the clip won't be speeded up. I think you would be much better off outputting to a standard format. Standards evolve over time, of course, but these days MP4 H.264 at either 1920x1080 or 1280x720 29.97fps would be reasonable. Should you decide to produce dvds later, you would need to render again to the DVD standard: mpeg-2 720x480 29.97.
Bob

Next

Return to PRE Version 13