They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Multiple Crashes during rendering/sharing

Specific to Premiere Elements version 13

Multiple Crashes during rendering/sharing

Postby Naturopath4you » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:15 pm

Many thanks to all of you as I have been learning to edit my audio and video while working on the first class in my 6 class presentation.

The completed but not yet rendered project is 2 hours 45 minutes long which is the length of the classes I teach. (5 more to do after this one)

I have a relatively new i7-4790 CPU Quad core intel 3.60 Ghz with 16 gigs of RAM and an NVIDIA GeoForce GTX 750 video card -just updated updated it. operating with Windows 7 Professional.
Have multiple 2 and 3 terabyte hard drives with lots of free space as well as a DROBO backup with even more.

Now that I finally, with all of your helpful information, have gotten through the final editing, it is time to share/render my project.

I have it set at AVCHD MP4 H264 1440 x 1080P 25

I am still new to all this so if you all need more information just tell me what you need and how and where I can to get it for you.

I have now tried to render the project 2 times.
The first time it crashed at 97% after 5 hours of rendering
the second time it crashed at 17%
Each time after it tells me that Premier elements stopped working and needs to close, I get that damn Blue Screen of Death and a reboot.
Each time time, just to give it as much memory as it might need (hell I have plenty) I exited my anti-virus completely before rendering. That obviously didn't matter.
Any suggestions. After all this work, it would be nice to render a final copy of this first project.
Oh and I do it in the evening with every single other application turned off
David
intel i7 Quad /Wind 7/64 / 32 gig RAM /Geoforce GTX1060/ 2 terabyte RAID-1 internal / 16 terabyte DROBO-5D external /Laptop Dell Latitude 3340 i5 Dual 2.6ghx 12gig RAM
Naturopath, Clinical Nutritionist and educator http://www.DavidGetoff.com
Naturopath4you

Re: Multiple Crashes during rendering/sharing

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:18 am

Unfortunately, troubleshooting crashes is not a simple process. Since Windows 7, Windows is better than ever and, since version 11, Premiere Elements is better than ever -- so the problems are usually unique to your system or your project. And that means that finding the problem can take some digging.

Is it safe to assume that your programs are on your C drive and your video projects and media are on one of your secondary drives? And have you tried saving your project file into a new folder, with no other projects in it, per our book's suggestion?

Is it also safe to assume that you've manually gone to Windows Update, turned on Microsoft Updates and manually checked for updates to ensure you have all of the Windows updates, not just the ones that install automatically? And that you have recently run Disk Cleanup and the Disk Defragmenter on all drives?

And you've got the latest version of Quicktime, per the program's instructions.

That said, what model of camcorder is your video coming from and what resolution is it?

If you're using photos in your project, have you ensured that these photos are no larger than 2000x1500 pixels (72 ppi)?

Finally, you project is unusually long. Have you tried doing a Save As and saving a copy of your project, then as an experiment trimming it down to say 45 minutes long and outputting that? Premiere Elements can certainly output a longer project -- but the longer and more complicated your project is, the more likely it is that something will go wrong. Even Hollywood film editors don't edit a 2 hour movie as one, big project!

Under the Premiere Elements Edit menu, what Project Settings are listed on the General page?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:41 pm

It might help if you could give us the stop code (error code) from that blue screen. It should be stored in the event log which can be read using the Event Viewer application.

You said "I have it set at AVCHD MP4 H264 1440 x 1080P 25." Just to be clear, is that what you have set for exporting the video? If so, that is a bit odd as AVCHD is normally 1920x1080 not 1440x1080. So, we need to dig a little deeper. What are your project settings and what type of files are you editing? You said in another post that you have a Vixia camcorder, which specific model do you have?

It's likely that Premiere Elements is having to do a lot of scaling and conversion during your export. By default, some graphics card acceleration will be used by the share process. It's possible that you could be encountering a problem related to that. To test, check your settings in preferences (Edit -> Preferences -> General -> Use Hardware Acceleration... ). The checkbox is turned ON by default. Uncheck it to turn it off. Restart Premiere Elements and try sharing again. If it works this time, you encountered an acceleration issue. If it doesn't, it was something else and you can turn the checkbox on again.
Bob

Postby Naturopath4you » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:58 pm

Thank you both for your suggestions. It did finally complete but I will look into all you have both commented on and see if I get less issues for example at 1920 x 1080 Not sure why I picked the other? I will also check all the settings and if I must, I will split it in half and render them separately if I find that helps. Doesn't seem too likely though, Since a short 5 minute project just crashed twice before completing.
You have both given me a lot to look into and report on.

On a side note, since I have the DVD's, can I load Prem 13 on my new i5 Quad core windows 7 pro Dell laptop as well, so I'd have it on 2 computers? If so, how do I export a completed BUT NOT RENDERED project so I can try to render/share it on the laptop to see if I have less grief. I have VERY FEW programs on the laptop so that might help even though I have them all off, the registry has lots more stuff in it as well as all the crap working on the sidelines from some software even when it is off. Just seems worth trying if I can move the entire project somehow to the laptop and open it and try rendering it there. Is this doable and if so what do I do to try it.
I paid for a membership to support you and get the extra freebies and the book just arrived. Now just need time. Hah, don't we all.
Thanks again
I notice that many of you have the type of computer you own showing up in your posts. How do I add that?
I am typing this on one of my laptops as I am currently trying to render the final version of class 1 of 6 on the mainframe and as a safety I don't have it doing anything else at all.
David
intel i7 Quad /Wind 7/64 / 32 gig RAM /Geoforce GTX1060/ 2 terabyte RAID-1 internal / 16 terabyte DROBO-5D external /Laptop Dell Latitude 3340 i5 Dual 2.6ghx 12gig RAM
Naturopath4you

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:28 pm

Hi David, The license agreement lets you install and activate the software on 2 computers :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:34 pm

Naturopath4you wrote:I notice that many of you have the type of computer you own showing up in your posts. How do I add that?

If you look at the top of the page you will see "Muvipix Video Tour". That has a lot of info about how to get around the site, there are 13 short tutorials. One of them includes instructions for the User Control Panel. The user control panel is also located at the top of the page. Click on User Control Panel, then click on the Profile tab, then the Edit Signature link in the menu at the left. Let me know if you have any questions.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:10 pm

how do I export a completed BUT NOT RENDERED project so I can try to render/share it on the laptop to see if I have less grief.

The best way to copy the project from one computer to another is by using the Premiere Elements Project Archiver function. From the Premiere Elements menu, select File > Project Archiver. Then, select "Copy Project." This will create a folder containing all your source media and the project file which contains your edits. Click the Browse button to specify where to create the copy folder. This folder can be large, it's best if you can create it on an external disk drive. Once the location is specified, click the "OK" button to create the copy folder. Copy the folder you just created to the other computer. Start Premiere Elements on the that computer and open the project file contained in the copied folder. The Project Archiver has adjusted the project file links to the source media to point to the copied files and the project should open and you can continue working.
Bob

Postby Naturopath4you » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:09 pm

Thank you all again
I just got a new "What the heck" happening to me

I took a rendered video. Which finally saved/rendered completely and which I can play with my VLC Media player and it plays perfectly.
BUT-----
Whenever I load it back into Prem 13 to add some more content at the end, the audio track appears but has no audio so it becomes a silent video whenevr I bring the completed video back into the time line to do some more work on it.

Have tried 3 times. VLC Media Player the audio and video play perfectly but brought back onto the time line in Prem Elements and the audio track has no audio and is silent.
Any ideas?????
Naturopath4you

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:19 pm

Hi David,

Couple of things. When you bring a clip into Premiere Elements it needs to conform the audio. While doing that the audio will not be visible or audible in your project. It should say "Conforming Audio" down in the bottom right side of the project window if that is the case. Depending on the length of the clip it can take a while to complete the conforming process.

Another thing is that I am confused about bringing an exported clip back in to edit. If you do this enough times you will surely lose quality. Don't you have the original project that you can make changes to and then re-export? That is the preferred method.

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Naturopath4you » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:42 pm

Yes I have the original project
The two times I tried adding the final edit to that, and saving it multiple times until it completed, the audio was out of sync on the final product so
I figured that since the almost final rendering was perfect, I would instead bring that back and add the final edit to the end of it, but as I said, the audio is not there in the audio track

I will look for the notation you mentioned to see if it is being worked on and will eventually appear.

Do you all agree (or not) that Premier Pro, as it is beter program, possibly has had more work done to make it also have less issues?
Might I have far less of these problems if I was using a 700.00 copy of PRO instead of my way cheaper educational price of Element13?

If that is likely, even just likely, as I will be doing a lot more of these, I will buy PRO CS6 on a DVD for 700.00 while I can still get it that way, on a DVD, and put it on both my computers.
Thoughts???
Guestimates???
Naturopath4you

Postby Peru » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:45 am

Naturopath4you wrote:
Do you all agree (or not) that Premier Pro, as it is beter program, possibly has had more work done to make it also have less issues?
Might I have far less of these problems if I was using a 700.00 copy of PRO instead of my way cheaper educational price of Element13?

I do think that Premiere Pro is a better program for me. I'm using CS5.5.
I suspect, however, that your problems are a result of either workflow, source media, plugins, or hardware and won't disappear by using Premiere Pro.

If you don't let the audio conform completely, it can corrupt the project.
Peru

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:04 am

Premiere Pro will be almost like starting over, but considering you haven't been doing this for long it may not be an issue. There are many people here that have made the move from Premiere Elements to Pro over the years including me. I still tend to use Premiere Elements on small, simple projects and still like the program a lot. You can do almost anything with Elements that you can do with Pro, it just may take some workarounds and a little longer to accomplish it. For many people the program is well worth its $100 price tag compared to Pro.

I think there is a good chance you will have many of the same issues with Pro that you are having with Elements, the foundation of the application is very similar. I think that Peru is correct in stating the potential issues and probably a combination of all of the above. Once you get to know the program better and can solve the issues you will love Elements, or Pro. Just plan on it taking longer to learn Pro than it would to learn Elements as it is built for the professional and not the amateur/novice. Elements is very powerful but is built to be used by anyone, Pro is built to be used by professionals so there is more to learn, lots more.

Anyway, either way you go there are people here that can help you :TU:

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Naturopath4you » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:49 pm

You make it a difficult decision when you say that I can do almost all the same things with Elements but will need to use more work arounds than with Pro.
Please give me a short synopsis, both of you, on the benefits of Pro so I can decide if I want to buy a copy.

What types of things might Pro be far better for.
I am the pro tool type.
I have been in my 63 years a professional and or licensed:
Electrical contractor
Electrical design engineer
Locksmith
Above and underwater photography instructor
SCUBA instructor
Cook
Audio/Video technician
Plumber and carpenter
and for the past 25 or so years a private practice naturopath/clinical nutritionist and educator.
In the past, I have always found that professional tools were worth the extra money, so for example my power tools are
Bosch, AEG, Metabo, Fein, etc.
With these types of tools however, there is a HUGE difference in how much more easily they work to get the job done.
A Bosch jigsaw cuts 1 inch plywood like butter compared to a cheaper brand. Software is VERY DIFFERENT and the less costly programs sometimes work just as well but with fewer features.
If I will get lots of things for the money that I will eventually be glad I have or can do, I want the Pro. If Elements will do everything I want and is as easy or easier to use (German tools are NOT more difficult to use, they just work better) than I should not waste the money. Need your expert answers to help me decide in any way you can, past what you have already written.
Thanks
David
Naturopath4you

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:17 am

The biggest difference in my opinion is how pro handles multi camera edits and the ability to nest sequences, basically a project inside of a project. If you shoot with multiple cameras I would most likely recommend pro over elements.

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:00 am

Benefits of Pro over Elements. The Premiere Pro rendering engine can make use of your Geforce GTX 750 video card and use gpu acceleration -- it's not in the official supported cuda cards list, but you can add it to the file and it should work). Pro has better memory management and can make better use of your installed RAM. Pro has much more sophisticated color correction tools and has scopes (vectorscope, rgb parade, etc.). Pro has better audio mixing tools. Pro has more editing tools and has more control than Elements. For example, Elements can nudge the audio track by whole frames, Pro can nudge the audio track by individual audio samples. Pro supports multiple timelines in the same project. Elements doesn't. Using multiple timelines, Pro can do things in a single project that would require Elements to export a file from one project to use in another. It's much easier to build complex projects in Pro. The titler in Pro is much more capable than the one in Elements. Pro supports a greater number of video and audio formats than Elements. Elements cannot queue exports and you can't work on another project until the export is done. Pro can queue exports which can then be performed asynchronously using the Adobe Media Encoder. If you need a timeline exported to multiple formats, Pro can render once and encode the various formats in parallel saving time and resources. There are a lot more differences.

You can download a trial of Premiere Pro CS6 from https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-product-downloads.html Premiere Pro is 2nd from the bottom. Don't worry about not having a serial number. It's automatically a trial if you don't supply one.
Bob

Next

Return to PRE Version 13