They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Delete and close gap not working

Specific to Premiere Elements version 13

Delete and close gap not working

Postby Naturopath4you » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:28 pm

Not sure where my previous question went so I am putting it here again more thoroughly with all the information anyone should need to help me.
I am doing a split screen video
On Video track 2 is the left screen
Audio Track 2 is empty
Video Track 1 is the right hand screen
Audio Track 1 is my audio
In video Track 1 there is a section I need to delete and close gap and I cannot do so as it won't do it no matter what I try.
I even tried removing the Audi completely from track 1 and it still won't close the gap with any method I try
If I also delete the video on track 2, then it will let me, but I can't figure out a way to bring it back properly if I do that
I believe everything is written clearly and I hope some idea will light up in one of your bright Premiere elements minds

On a second note, Is Premier PRO a great deal more powerful? If so I want to get a copy quick while I can still find one that is not cloud based.
Hoping for some more help from one of you
Thanks
David Getoff

Second very different question for all of you wonderful experts. Is Prem. Pro quite a bit more powerful then the Elements 13 I have? If so I may want to purchase it while I can still find it not cloud based.
Thank you all in advance
David Getoff
intel i7 Quad /Wind 7/64 / 32 gig RAM /Geoforce GTX1060/ 2 terabyte RAID-1 internal / 16 terabyte DROBO-5D external /Laptop Dell Latitude 3340 i5 Dual 2.6ghx 12gig RAM
Naturopath, Clinical Nutritionist and educator http://www.DavidGetoff.com
Naturopath4you

Re: Delete and close gap not working

Postby Peru » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:25 am

Naturopath4you wrote:I am doing a split screen video
On Video track 2 is the left screen
Audio Track 2 is empty
Video Track 1 is the right hand screen
Audio Track 1 is my audio
In video Track 1 there is a section I need to delete and close gap and I cannot do so as it won't do it no matter what I try.
I even tried removing the Audi completely from track 1 and it still won't close the gap with any method I try
If I also delete the video on track 2, then it will let me, but I can't figure out a way to bring it back properly if I do that
I believe everything is written clearly and I hope some idea will light up in one of your bright Premiere elements minds David Getoff

If there is any media, audio or video, in a track under or over the gap, you can't use delete and close gap. You will have to move it manually.

Naturopath4you wrote:
On a second note, Is Premier PRO a great deal more powerful? If so I want to get a copy quick while I can still find one that is not cloud based.

Absolutely more powerful!
I started out with Premiere Elements 3.0.2 and upgraded to Premiere Pro CS4, then to CS5.5.

Some of the biggest differences:

-Multiple timelines (called "sequences")
This allows you to copy and paste between sequences and to have sequences with different settings. It also allows you to nest sequences (a timeline within a timeline).

-Import projects or sequences
You can import a whole project or individual sequences from one project to another.

-Better hardware required
Premier Pro requires a much, much more powerful computer with a minimum of two internal (preferably 3 or 4) hard drives.
Scroll down to Disk Setup, Do's and Don'ts on an Editing Machine, and What kind of PC to use?:
http://ppbm7.com/index.php/tweakers-page

If your computer can handle it, you can download the free trial of the last non-subscription version of Premiere Pro:
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/pol ... loads.html

Also:
Premiere Pro CC is not "cloud based." You have to connect to the internet to activate and the periodically to remain signed in, but all of your content is stored locally on your hard drives.
Peru

Postby sidd finch » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:36 am

The last version is PPro that is a stand alone is Creative Suite 6.0. After that everything is now called Creative Cloud. I switched to Pro after Premiere Elements 3.0 and love the program. In addition to what Peru said you can also import After Effects sequences into PPro. Pro also has the ability to output into a lot of different formats. There is a learning curve but it is well worth the time.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Bob » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:10 pm

Adobe has stated that they will continue to sell the CS6 versions of products for supported platforms indefinitely. You can buy it through the Adobe Store. Download only, boxed sets are no longer being sold.

Premiere Pro is a much more powerful editor than Premiere Elements. It has much more sophisticated editing tools and capabilities. But, being a professional level product, doesn't include consumer oriented features such as the quick edit timeline, guided edits, integrated dvd authoring, and consumer type special effects/plugins. Premiere Pro CS6 includes Encore CS6 for dvd authoring. Premiere Pro CS6 is expensive. Be sure to checkout the trial before you purchase to make sure it's what you want.

If you are serious about getting Premiere Pro, you should at least consider Premiere Pro CC. Yes, it is a subscription plan. But, you can get a single product subscription for $20/month. You can subscribe for a little over three years for what a new copy of CS6 would cost and you will be getting regular upgrades. The CC product is downloaded and installed on your local computer just like CS6. Something to think about.
Bob

Return to PRE Version 13