They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

ISO image file size when burning Blu Ray disc

Specific to Premiere Elements version 13

ISO image file size when burning Blu Ray disc

Postby jiver » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:50 am

I have created a video project of around just over 3.0 gb in Adobe Premiere Elements 13 and using publish and share I have created a Blu-Ray ISO image file using the preset H.264 1920 x 1080i PAL Dolby, every thing went well with the burn to my hard drive for the ISO image file. My problems start when I try to burn the ISO image file to a Blu-ray disc using both IMGBURN and Cyberlink software, the burn to disc completes without any errors but when I play the disc in my Samsung Blu-ray player nothing is recognised, so tried another Blu-ray player (ASUS) and the same result no images are generated from the disc. I have used the same video project and burnt directly to a Blu-ray disc using publish and share and the final result is perfect, a really good quality video. Most of my video projects are over 3.0 gb.

I have viewed several previous posts on this forum and it would appear there are other people with the same problem. Is it a problem with Adobe Premiere Elements 13 (Image size) or am I doing something wrong in the burn process?

Are Adobe aware of this problem and hopefully working on a fix, it would be nice to hear from them.

Regards

John.
jiver
New User
New User

Re: ISO image file size when burning Blu Ray disc

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:00 pm

It's hard to say without more information, jiver.

What do you mean by you " try to burn the ISO image file to a Blu-ray disc using both IMGBURN and Cyberlink software"? Did you follow the instructions in this tutorial?
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0

When you browse the disc on your computer, what files to you see?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby jiver » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:37 pm

Hi Steve,
When I use IMGBurn I use the option Write Image File to Disc.
I don't see any files on the disc.
I have used a brand new JVC BD-RE disc and when I check the disc after the IMGBURN process it looks as though there is something on the disc, when I have tried the process again with the same disc IMGBURN suggests the disc needs erasing before the write Image process proceeds.
jiver
New User
New User

Postby jiver » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:52 pm

HI Steve,
Just to give you an update, I have just created a test video project In Adobe Premiere Elements 13 only added a few clips to the timeline, when I come to publish and share and select disc- Blu ray with burn to ISO image (25GB) to a preset of H.264 1920x1080i PAL Dolby. The space required was 662.00 mb (Bitrate 24.00 mbps). Then burnt the file to my hard drive, then using ImgBurn selected Write Image File to disc and selected my ISO file and burnt it to a Blu ray RE disc. On completion I played the disc on my Samsung Blu ray player and it worked perfectly well although only a small video. The problem as I see it is if the ISO image file is greater than lets say 1 GB then it will not work. Is it a fault with the Adobe software are Adobe aware of it.
Just try a similar experiment with different file sizes and see if you get the same results.
I have searched on the Adobe forums and this problem appears to be common.
jiver
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:06 pm

So what do you see when you browse to a BluRay disc produced from an ISO file, jiver?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby jiver » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:11 am

Hi Steve, sorry for the late reply its the time difference from the UK.
When I browse the Blu Ray disc which was created in Img Burn from an ISO file less than 1gb I have three folders AACS, BDMV and Certificate all three have drop down arrows with more files in each. The Blu ray disc created from an ISO file greater than 1gb (mine is actually 3gb) when I browse that disc there is nothing this folder is empty. The test bluray disc plays straight away on my PC with Cyberlink Power DV and also on my Samsung Bluray player, the 3gb file nothing is recognised on my PC or Samsung player.
I can still burn direct to disc and everything works fine.
Not sure if its a glitch with Adobe software I have posted a similar post on the Adobe community forum but as yet no replies, so I am struggling to notify Adobe about this problem, hopefully they will produce a fix for this ISO image size file problem.
jiver
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:04 am

I guess all you can do is make Adobe aware of the problem, jiver.

Though at this point, I'd be surprised if you saw a fix before version 14 (assuming there is a version 14, of course).
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:34 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote: (assuming there is a version 14, of course).

Do you know something we don't? :-s
Peru

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:20 pm

No. Only that if I had heard I wouldn't be able to say.

Though even if I hadn't heard, I'm sure there will be. ;)
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 13