They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Outputting Final Video to Disc

Specific to Premiere Elements version 13

Outputting Final Video to Disc

Postby StevenG » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:10 pm

First, I must thank Steve, Bob and Chuck for all of the help they have given me in finding the Audacity work-a-round to the CAD u37/MacBook Pro problem. You guys have been incredible. I am a novice, and you have all been patient beyond expectations. (Just be ready for more questions when I actually create a video!) While I am not totally comfortable with Audacity yet, I see how it can work, and when time permits, I will become more familiar with it. At this point I am putting the CAD u37 problem aside, and attempting to get back to learning the rest of PrE 13.

With that in mind, I have been thinking ahead to outputting to a disc or computer file. I store all of my stills and videos in Lightoom 5, on an external drive. When the drive is plugged in, no problem. The clips and stills in my video are all present and the video plays fine. When the external LR5 drive is not plugged in, I get a message "media off line", and there are no video clips or stills present in the video I have created. I thought once the media was imported into PrE 13, there would be a copy there. It seems, however, that PrE 13 is dependent on having LR 5 attached to the computer, even after the media is imported. Is this so?

Also, and this is my major concern, will this have any effect when I have completed a video and want to output it to a DVD or Computer file?
On my Mac, I have my iMovies (that I created with iMovie) stored in iTunes. From iTunes, I can burn to a disc. Will I be able to store the PrE 13 final video in iTunes or do I just keep them on an external drive?
Finally, I have been using Compressor (an Apple product) to burn my videos created in iMovie to a disc. After trying several products, I found Compressor worked best. Will it work with PrE 13?
Thanks.
Steve
MacBook Pro. OSX Yosemite, Version 10.10.2. Processor: 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7. Memory 8 GB. Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 512 MB.
StevenG

Re: Outputting Final Video to Disc

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:17 pm

You must have the media available (the drive plugged in or the media on your computer) in order for the program to use it to create your video.

Importing media into a project merely adds a link from your project to the media file.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Outputting Final Video to Disc

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:57 pm

Compressor is the Apple version of Adobe Media Encoder, but I think Compressor is actually a much better product in many ways. Anyway, if you export from Premiere Elements in MP4 format you should be able to transfer that to your MAC and burn the disc with Compressor like you would with your iMovie videos. In fact you can probably use the same export settings in Premiere Elements that you do in iMovie so you will have the identical file type. I know there can be some issues transferring files from a PC to a MAC but I'm sure you've probably done that before. It's been awhile since I've had to work with both so the exact issues are a bit fuzzy. Pretty sure the file systems are different and that's the majority of the problem.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 13