They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PE 13 prel file

Specific to Premiere Elements version 13

PE 13 prel file

Postby joper » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:14 am

G'Day Everyone,

I have recently moved up to Premier Elements 13 from 12. While I was using 12 I had an occasion to have a look at the projects .prel file with a text editor. I had changed drives and the drive letter was incorrect on some clips. I just did a find and replace and all was well again.

Now I needed to do the same thing with Premier Elements 13, used the same text editor and, blow me down and tickle me with a feather, the darn file is now compiled and all I got was garbage displayed in the text editor. Has anybody else noticed this little change?

Why would they do such a horrible thing. Now I can't cheat anymore. :eek:

Peace.
John P.
joper
New User
New User

Re: PE 13 prel file

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:28 am

I'm surprised to hear the .prel files are that much different in version 13. Version 12 files and version 13 files are, in my experience, pretty interchangeable.

On the other hand, reconnecting media files that you've moved around is a fairly simple process in Premiere Elements. You just open the project and tell the program where to locate the missing files. Seems much easier to me that hacking into the project file -- but I guess it's a matter of preference.

As for the why's of any changes --- well, those are really questions for Adobe, aren't they? ;)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 13