They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Much better stabilizer

Specific to Premiere Elements version 13

Much better stabilizer

Postby RJ Johnston » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:30 pm

I installed the trial version of Pre13 and went straight to testing the stabilizer. What an improvement! It has smoother stabilization and a better interface -- a whole different adjustment control.

In prior versions, if you rendered previews on stabilized regions, the rendered previews would be missing the next time the project was loaded, necessitating another round of preview rendering. Now the previews are still there when you load the project the next time.

That's all I've tested so far, but I did notice better performace. In preferences, if you have Intel HD 2000 and above graphics, you can select an option to use it for acceleration.

I can upgrade to PRE13 for $79.00. Amazon has it for $99.00.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Much better stabilizer

Postby Peru » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:07 pm

RJ Johnston wrote:I can upgrade to PRE13 for $79.00. Amazon has it for $99.00.

If you can wait until Black Friday sales, you'll do better than that. ;)
Peru

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:59 pm

Thanks for the great review, Robert!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Angela in Phx » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:03 pm

RJ Johnston wrote:I installed the trial version of Pre13 and went straight to testing the stabilizer. What an improvement! It has smoother stabilization and a better interface -- a whole different adjustment control.

In prior versions, if you rendered previews on stabilized regions, the rendered previews would be missing the next time the project was loaded, necessitating another round of preview rendering. Now the previews are still there when you load the project the next time.

That's all I've tested so far, but I did notice better performace. In preferences, if you have Intel HD 2000 and above graphics, you can select an option to use it for acceleration.

Good to know :-D . I usually let youtube stabilize my videos and am amused by the occasional dancing saguaros or clouds and such. I didn't feel the stabilizer on the 10 was sufficient and the re-rendering was a pain. For the most part, youtube's stabilizer does a great job and I get lots of compliments. People ask what kind of camera I have that shoots such smooth movies ;) . I also tried the Mercali without much success; didn't find it user friendly for me.
I shoot a lot of video while I'm hiking and hand holding my camera so stabilization, altho sometimes causes sea sickness, is the key to being able to watch these "videoing while hiking" movies.
Don't worry about things YOU cannot control.
Angela in Phx
New User
New User

Return to PRE Version 13