They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Text Masking with Cyberlink Power Director 14

"The Fastest Video Editing Software for Enthusiasts"

Re: Text Masking with Cyberlink Power Director 14

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:23 am

Anything you can contribute is appreciated, Bruce. Even the Learning Basic ($19.95 for two months) can help pay the bills.

Although, for an annual membership, the $69.95 Premiere Premium is the best value, offering a year full of free access to everything on the site.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Cusinbrucie » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:23 am

I See. Is there any difference in what you get with the annual subscription with or without auto renewal and does the annual subscription give you more access than the basic?

Are all of these downloads compatible with Power Director 15? If so do I just save them in a folder on my hard drive and then access them form P.D. or are they automatically incorporated and if so where do I look to find them in the program? I know it depends if they are backgrounds, menu templates, music, sound effects, etc.

Thank you
Bruce
Cusinbrucie

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:33 pm

There are tutorials for PowerDirector, and they would all apply to PowerDirector 15. And the media files will also load into the program.

The only difference between the auto-renewal and non-auto-renewal subscriptions is that one renews by itself (though you can still cancel it) while the other just ends when it ends. The materials available are identical.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Cusinbrucie » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:09 am

Thank you for that info. So do the media files load into Power Director automatically or do I have to import them in from the program?
Cusinbrucie

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:56 am

You import them, just as you would any media file.

You're talking about our motion backgrounds and music, right?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Cusinbrucie » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:37 am

Good morning Steve,

OK I see. Yes I am talking about motion backgrounds and music, but what about menu templates? When I download and save them from the Director Zone and double click on the file they are automatically included in with the others on the program. Also what about transitions, titles, particles, pip objects, etc, do I just import them as well?

Also I was wondering in the "our services section of your website it lists Basic Graphics and Stock Video. I was wondering where the Stock Video would be located on the site. Is there any Stock Video of fly over scenes of cities like you sometimes see in movies or TV shows that they show before or in between main scenes, I guess like a "B" roll so to speak or any other type of ocean or landscape scenes that could be incorporated into a project? I used to have an older copy of After Effects and I remember in a tutorial that there was a night scene of a city. That's a pretty powerful progam but with a pretty steep learning curve.

Thank you
Bruce
Cusinbrucie

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:57 am

Have you done a search on "stock footage" on our products page, Bruce? There are some in there. They're free for anyone to download. You'll also find other bundles by searching for "aerials" and even "Explosions".

The disc templates, however, do not work in PowerDirector. However, CyberLink has a collection of thousands of disc templates on their Director Zone page.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Cusinbrucie » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:39 am

I just did that and found what I was thinking about, thank you.

When I download and save files from the Director Zone and double click on the file they are automatically included in with the others on the program. Also what about transitions, titles, particles, pip objects, etc, do I just import them as well?
Cusinbrucie

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:25 pm

If you are signed into the Director Zone and you go to the Director Zone from a particular "room" (Effects, Transitions, etc.), you should be able to just select and download your selection right into the program.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Cusinbrucie » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:14 pm

OK great. So to be sure once I download and install them they will be in the program?
Cusinbrucie

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:13 am

Yes.

I mean, I haven't done a lot with the Director Zone downloads, so I don't know for sure. But that appears to be how they work.

Why not give it a try and report back here so we'll know for sure?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Cusinbrucie » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:19 pm

Hi Steve,

Thank you, ok I'll try that but the files that I've downloaded in the past few weeks seem to have been incorporated in the program such as DVD template, backgrounds and I think particles. I'll try some more and let you know.

I've been also questioning the Cyberlink tech support people about different things but they seem to be in India and take a long to reply by email in the middle of the night my time.I had asked them if I can group video and picture files in separate folders in the media view window to batch them by project like I can do in Corel Video Editor. They said no but they told me that if I click on the right arrow key in the Edit screen I can go to Explorer view as mentioned on page 24 of the user guide as mentioned below. I guess that I can then move files into separate tags. Have you used this feature? It still leaves them all in the main window but I guess that I can make separate windows for the different files. I'm just wondering if I have media for different projects if they will all show in the main window and if I'm in project three so to speak can I pull in media from another project, say project one?

"CyberLink Power Director Help
Explorer View
Select the button to display the explorer view within the library windows.
In the explorer view you can use tags to categorize the media, templates, and
effects in your library. This lets you quickly browse through and filter what is in
each room.
Note: you can also use tags to filter the express projects in your library.
See Using an Express Project for more information on express projects.
In the explorer view you can:click on +
to add a new tag in a library window.
select an existing tag and then click -to delete a previously created tag.
·
filter the media in the library window by selecting an existing tag."

Also if I create a slide show project using the slide show creator can I import that project into a regular video project or can I create it within the regular editor? I see on page 32 of your book that once you are done that you can create a DVD or BluRay disc or send the file to full feature editing for further tweaking. Does that men that I can then insert into the timeline with the rest of my project? I would hope so?

One other question, I'm sorry to be a pest. If I want to do a PIP at the end of say 4 different video clips to fill the screen with four windows or views am I better off using the PIP creator or as on page 140 of your book doing a L cut or J cut? In order to do either I would want to cut some of the footage from the timeline and then move that to the media window for use in a PIP. I just tired that but it doesn't seem to be an option. I was able to do that in my old program Edius. Or can I move it into the PIP creator somehow.

I appreciate all of your time in answering my questions, they have been a big help.

Bruce
Cusinbrucie

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:24 pm

I'm not familiar with the feature you're describing for grouping media into folders.

Yes, you should be able to port your slideshow into a project's timeline.

I'd use the PiP Creator to create the split screen you're describing. But I haven't done a lot of that in PowerDirector, so there may be an easier way.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Cusinbrucie » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:46 pm

I See, ok no problem I will try grouping the media and see what happens.

I was able to view a slide show project that I did last week in the media window and was able to drag it onto the timeline and use it.

I will use the PiP creator but how can I cut a piece of a clip and then save it into the media folder so that I can use just the smaller clips for PiP, or am I able to pull the smaller clips into PiP creator?
Cusinbrucie

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:12 pm

I'm not sure what you're asking, but it's certainly worth a try!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to PowerDirector Series