They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

powerdirector 14 create disc advice on burner

"The Fastest Video Editing Software for Enthusiasts"

Re: powerdirector 14 create disc advice on burner

Postby Justdaisy » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:02 pm

thanks for your response - i have initially produced them in this format (to consolidate all my POWERDIRECTOR transitions, music, cell phone videos, titles, particles, etc.... - but will ultimately produce them in the MP2 format suggested BEFORE i try to burn the disc....my question was did I have to reproduce my original productions in the AVS/M2TS BEFORE i finally produce the as MP2s for burning? hope this makes sense to you. Here's the sequence i have used to try to make my question clearer:

1. Created Powerdirector script files with original cell phone videos, which I enhanced with transitions, music, PnPs, particles etc. Each script represents one chapter in the ultimate blu ray disc i want to produce.
2. I then took each powerdirector script and "produced" them to consolidate everything, using the HVEC mp4 format.
3. Each MP4 format is now ready for the next steps.....
4a: do i take these hvec FORMATS and burn them using MP2 formats onto the disc OR
4b should i reproduce each powerdirector script using the AVS/M2ts formats FIRST, then burn onto disc using the MP2 format?

Hope this makes it easier to understand my question...the bottom line is will the MP2 format when burning overwrite and negate the initial production in HVEC M4 formats?

Thanks for your responses! This is months of work, it is every video I have of my darling granddaughter and it is her Christmas present, so I need to get this right...and the discs I bought (50gb) since i have over 2 hours of movie are so expensive I don't want to screw this up1

Alison
Justdaisy
New User
New User

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:28 am

Justdaisy wrote:...the discs I bought (50gb) since i have over 2 hours of movie are so expensive I don't want to screw this up...

You might want to consider buying a 25GB re-writable BluRay disc so that you can do a test burn and make sure that everything works OK on a BluRay player attached to a TV and, of course, being re-writable you can use it again and again as test media.

Yes I did suggest a 25GB BluRay re-writable simply because it will be cheaper than a 50GB re-writable. The drop in video quality won't matter as it is only a test disc to make sure that everything is OK before starting to use the more expensive dual layer discs for the finished item.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Justdaisy » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:09 am

thanks - just ordered the re discs. great idea....... can you answer my original question about the formats i used and should use?
Justdaisy
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:36 am

As we've been saying, Daisy, if you plan to play these discs in a BluRay player, just output BluRay discs. BluRay IS the format. And PowerDirector will output a BluRay disc from your high-def video. You can even include several separate movies on a single disc.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Justdaisy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:35 am

am trying to write a narrative voice over for my movie and I can't find a way, and maybe there isn't, to produce a tabular listing of the elements of my project with their start/stop/duration so i can write it to synch up with the visual.

Anyone know is this is available in Powerdirector 14? I could have sworn i saw something when I was messing around when i first got the software but i can't recreate whatever it is i found. Storyboard view isn't helping it is picking random parts of the video tracks...

Alison
Justdaisy
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:13 am

I'm not aware of a way to do that in PowerDirector, Alison.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

AUDIO CUT ERROR MESSAGE POWER DIRECTOR 14

Postby Justdaisy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:05 am

HELP! just was burning a blu ray in PowerDirector 14 and it got to 88% then quit with AUDIO CUT error. Settings were MPEG2, 1920x1280 60i, 2 channel audio, double layer verbatim blu ray disk, movie about 2.5 hours long.

HAS ANYONE GOTTEN THIS ERROR MESSAGE AND WHAT DO I DO TO PREVENT IT? NEED TO BURN THESE MOVIES, THEY ARE CHRISTMAS PRESENTS.

Alison
Justdaisy
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:15 pm

This might merit a new topic/thread, Alison.

But that said:
What operating system are you using?
What model of camcorder is your original video coming from?
How fast is your processor and how much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive?

My first thought is that your movie may be too long to fit on a standard BluRay disc. A BluRay disc can usually hold a 2 hour movie. So it might be worth chopping off half an hour of footage just to see if that resolves the problem.

You also might want to try burning an image file to your computer hard drive rather than burning directly to a disc to see if that goes well. That would help narrow down if the problem was related to your transcoding or to your disc drive.

But maybe someone else can specifically address that AUDIO CUT error. A Google search references a lot of people dealing with a similar error, none of which follow a simple pattern. But maybe another Muvipixer knows more about this than I do.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Justdaisy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:15 pm

Hi - i know it wasn't the disc, it is double layer and POWERDIRECTOR showing another 15g available. I did install the Codec application to avoid Windows 10 issues that I saw on the cyberlink forum, but it still failed...

operating system, as shown above, is Windows 10. no camcorder, all cell phone video from an Android. I produced the videos in AVI 60p as suggested in your book first, before trying to burn them onto the disc. the Codec was supposed so solve the AVI issue in Windows, but doesn't appear to have helped.

Any other suggestions?

Really need some, this is my christmas present to my granddaughter!
Justdaisy
New User
New User

Postby Justdaisy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:45 pm

I thought I had replied, but don't see my reply. I'll try agan:

I am using Windows 10.
I produced each chapter using the recommended AVI format, 60p.
i know disc space is not a problem, I am using DL discs and POWERDIRECTOR shows I have approximately 15g left on the disc.
I regularly run maintenance on my computer to defrag. 111 gig clear and free.
i created a custom menu which appears to be fine when I look at the structure.
I selected 2 channel stereo since none of my original videos were dolby.
The videos were originally sourced from an Android cellphone, not a camcorder.
i installed the Codec pac, as someone suggested to help issues in Window 10. Installed successfully with the appropriate LAV splitter settings.
After install, still failed.
I was burning using the MPEG 2, 1980 60I FORMAT.

of particular note, it appears to be failing on the special features, which is not directly on the track of the project, instead, I added it through the add other videos feature of the menu structure.

Should I remove the special features and try again?

if I copy it directly onto my hard drive, how then do I burn to a disc? what software? I am using the LG blu ray burner.

Alison

I am going to try to burn one more time without the special features to see if that was the issue.

if this doesn't solve, and i burn directly to my hard drive,
Justdaisy
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:38 pm

What do you mean by "I produced each chapter using the recommended AVI format, 60p"?

If you're working in high-def video, AVI is not the ideal format for creating chapters. Which preset and resolution did you use for your outputs? (You call these chapters, but I assume these are your special features, right?)

Also, which codec pack did you install? I usually recommend installing codec packs, with the possible exception of the K-Lite codec pack, as they can overwrite existing codecs and mess up your computer.

As we show you in your books, you can also output your BluRay files as an ISO file rather than burn them directly to a disc -- and doing this can determine whether the issue is happening during your transcoding or during the actual disc burn. To output an ISO, click the Burn in 2D Button in the Create Disc workspace and, in the option screen that opens, check Save as Disc Image and uncheck the option to Burn to Disc.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Justdaisy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:18 pm

sorry I meant AVC. the format recommended on page 176 of the PD14 book for outputting video to be used in another high definition video. I produced each CHAPTER in the AVC 1920x1080 60p. Chapters are different videos, not the special features, although that was produced in the same format.

When i went to burn, I used the recommended MPEG 2 as stated in the book.

When I took out the special features, it went to 94% then i got a different error message - EA0030004. Found lots of 2013 issues on the cyberlink forum on this, but no solutions...

are you familiar with this new problem...please don't assume I am an expert - when you tell me to burn to the disc, I'll ask my question again - then what? what software do I use to actually burn it to the hard disc since I have to produce 5 of these?

just please tell me the quickest and least risky way to get these onto hard discs....keep it simple, please, as I said I am a grandmother trying to produce a personal movie, and have no experience. I have read the book thoroughly and did exactly what it said. Not blaming the book - just want you to be sure that i followed the recommendations and either Cyberlink or my computer is giving me issues

Alison
Justdaisy
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:44 pm

So were you able to burn an ISO file?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Justdaisy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:40 pm

NO - DIED AFTER 2 HOURS...

alison
Justdaisy
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:10 am

You've got something serious going on here, Alison. Probably too deep for us to troubleshooot on the forum.

If you'd like, you can upload the project and your media files to Dropbox.com and share it with my e-mail (Steve at this web site). As I have time, I can download the files and see if I can output it or troubleshoot it on my computer.

Beyond that, I'm just not sure what else we can do for you -- except maybe recommend you try to output an abbreviated version of your project. Maybe a half hour or an hour version. To see if the length is the issue.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to PowerDirector Series