They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PowerDirector and DVD/BluRay authoring

"The Fastest Video Editing Software for Enthusiasts"

PowerDirector and DVD/BluRay authoring

Postby ifoundabuddy » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:13 pm

I am having a major problem to decide which software to purchase. I want to resume making some blu rays of my vacations and have used Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements 9 for those blu rays and realize those are ancient versions, but when upgraded to 13 but I haven't done any blu rays since i upgraded to the 13 versions. I feel challenged by Premier Elements 13 though Elements has been working good for me. In am email, Steve stated that your newest guide on Cyberlink PowerDirector Ultimate and assume 19 would be the way to go. But will this be simpler than Photoshop Premier Elements of any version? I think i am retarded when it comes to understanding these software packages!!! Steve suggested Power Director, but then when researching the website, Power Producer 6 appears also, and is that an successful alternative and simpler or are there more negatives with that version. I have made several multiple disc blu rays with Photoshop, despite many headaches and frustrations getting there, but my main question is sticking with Photoshop really the best and easiest way for me to continue, or is an alternative like Power Director or Producer going to make this process for a person electronically challenged? I have also used the Muvipix guide to DVD Architect Studio 5.0 and is the updated version a better choice, or considering Vegas Moe Studio or Adobe Premier Rush. Again my biggest concern is getting into something that is too complicated for my brain power!

My main desire is to input photos as well as short videos hopefully from the Photoshop Elements Organizer which i have set up those photos and movies that i would include into albums to make it easier to proceed, and put them into a blu ray disc just as i did previously and added text and music to the blu ray. Main goal is HD which was the reason why I went to Premier Elements, since HD was not possible with Elements. And i feel frustrated to even go the direction of Photoshop and certainly have felt that perhaps i picked the more difficult format to turn to? Am i correct?

I have spent hours searching on the internet to hopefully find the right direction to chose, and realize i can get a 30 day free trial but i would rather know that where i am starting is going to be satisfactory for me to manipulate my way around in, rather keep trying more and more options, and be able to use the help of someone who knows so much better than I am.

I read WinX DVD Author is the 'best free DVD author software and assume it could be to generate a blu ray; or Aiseesoft Blu-ray Creator is the best blu ray creator software out there; CH Express Burn is 'easy to use'; Xillisoft Blu-ray creator as one of the most popular; or DVDFab which is listed as the leading developer in the aspect of BluRay Solutions. I am not worried about the cost of the program, but very concerned about being easy to follow and considered good for beginners. Simpler the better.

When i saw the Cyberlink Power Producer i felt i had perhaps found the answer, but in reading reviews, it seemed to have a lot of cons. OR do i just need to settle back and do the best i can with Photoshop Premier Elements 13. I know the one thing i am not going to do is update the Photoshop program because I think I would have done just fine if i had just stuck with my Photoshop Premier Elements 9. I realize each version is improved, but i actually felt a little comfortable, but not with the changes from 9 to 13.

Just want your honest opinions of what might be some of the best directions to consider. Or perhaps i should call it quits with having my photos edited and organized into albums and leave it at that. But for some perhaps sick reason, i really do enjoy the process of accomplishing a blu ray. I don't understand why the software companies have discontinued the BluRay production software, unless there are just a lot of free ones popping up and making the market less competitive.

Appreciate any replies i can get because my frustration in this beginning step has grown as i find more and more possibilities. I do like the idea of a Muvipix Guide which i have always found so easy to read and understand and feel i can accomplish that with such a handbook at my side.

So biggest question to me today is the difference and value of the PowerProducer versus the the PowerDirector 19 Ultimate?????? And are these better options for my situation than even thinking about trying to attempt an ancient version of Photoshop Premier Elements?

Many thanks for your help which i could really use.

Ron
ifoundabuddy
New User
New User

Re: PowerDirector and DVD/BluRay authoring

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:34 am

As I said in my email, I think PowerDirector would be the best choice for you. There are simple ways to gather photos and video clips, and it's got a simple but surprisingly robust system for creating DVDs and BluRays.

Don't put much stock in personal reviews. Give it a test drive yourself, using my tutorials to show you the ropes.

Though if someone else has a better suggestion for disc authoring software, I'd like to hear it. As we all know, most of the major software companies have abandoned disc authoring apps, so the number of options has become rather limited.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ifoundabuddy » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:50 pm

and that also means that that Power Producer 6 is inferior to the Power Director 19 Ultimate also? I am leaning toward the Power Director 19 Ultimate only because of being able to have your manual on the Power Director Ultimate to give me an immediate assistance when needed. But I guess the only question remaining is the ease of using the program in comparison to Photoshop Premier Elements of any version which was always a very frustrating experience many times over. I understand your comment about the 30 day free trial and i am right at the point now with the first project to do exactly that, but just wanted to have a little reassurance that i wasn't out in left field with the one i at least start with. I could have survived satisfactorily just continuing using Photoshop Premiere Elements 9, and just never knowing what additional assets they added to the program with subsequent versions. Is it that blu rays are now being replaced by other ways of accomplishing the same result or are too many 'free' appearing options that it is no longer an economical thing for the companies to create authoring apps? Do appreciate your presence Steve, and so thankful to find someone who is even willing to respond to my questions and concerns. Ron
ifoundabuddy
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:52 pm

When it comes to productivity software, you have to quit thinking in terms of inferior and superior. It's more like picking a car -- or even a pair of shoes. Only you will know when you've found the one that fits your lifestyle and needs.

That's why I encourage you to test drive rather than read reviews.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PowerDirector Series