They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Plum Blossom Anamorphic

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

Plum Blossom Anamorphic

Postby sidd finch » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:49 pm

I know a lot of the country is still in the deep freeze but Spring is just around the corner. Our plum tree is starting to blossom. So I tried an experiment with an anamorphic lens and a macro lens. The macro did not work as well as expected but still allowed me to get some close ups. Here's to Spring......

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Plum Blossom Anamorphic

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:49 am

Spring is still a couple of month's away here in Wisconsin. But those beautiful images of California spring sure whet my appetite for it!

Nice job, Sidd!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:49 am

Steve, I think the west coast is Spring's early warning system... :yh:

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:24 pm

Relaxed me and put me in a good mood for the remainder of my day. It's nice to know that there's green leaves and blossoms out there somewhere. Loved it. :TU:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby momoffduty » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:57 pm

Beautiful video Sidd. Snow one day here the next 60 degrees and then back to a rain/sleet/snow the next day. Flip flop midwest weather.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:38 pm

Our bandwidth is too slow to really enjoy that video. Fiber is expected here soon but we have to foot the bill for the trench from their stopping point to our house. $8000 for that trench which includes the plastic pipe to house the fiber cable. The trench guy called yesterday saying his helper lost a finger so he can't do our job until his helper's hand heals. So maybe next month. We'll see.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:03 pm

Thank you Dave & Mom for the kind words. Getting to see the blossoms each year always brings a smile to my face. The way the sun shines on them looks like a spotlight from above and is enjoyable to see.

Tree Top I feel your pain we have friends going through a similar adventure.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby sidd finch » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:26 am

Well I might have been tooooo optimistic. After weather in the low 70's Mother Nature reminded us why we call this season winter. Last few nights it has ben in the low 30's. Hoping that the frost does not kill everything. Even though frost is not good for the plants it does make for a pretty cool picture. This is a picture of the frost on the windshield of the car yesterday morning.

Sidd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:14 pm

No offense, but sometimes it's nice to know we're all still suffering together. :hyst:
But no matter the season, nature continues to be beautiful.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:29 pm

Thank you Dave knowing you feel good is good for me. We have these crazy little infernos that pop up now and again. The keeps the place warm lol

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:05 am

Reminds me about when I was living in Sicily.

I don't remember the year - 2015(?) - the temperature in late February reached 25C+ (77F+) over a weekend. The beaches and sea were crowded and it made Italian TV. Couple of days later it was back to 12C or so (53F) in the daytime.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby sidd finch » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:02 pm

John right now that is our weather pattern. Very chilly at night warmer in the day.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Peru » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:22 pm

I'm taking a break from shoveling and plowing snow. I've been at it since 7:30 this morning. It is supposed to end about 5:30 today. I'm glad it's well below freezing. It makes the snow much easier to shovel and plow.

We had some localized flooding when it was warmer due to ice jambs in a river. Many folks had their homes flooded.
I feel bad for them, but ice jambs and flooding has been an issue for many years now in some areas, but there are people that choose to keep rebuilding in the same location.
Peru

Postby sidd finch » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:28 pm

I'm taking a break from shoveling and plowing snow. I've been at it since 7:30 this morning

Oofa that must be a chore. We are desperate for water but it sounds like you have had more than your fill of snow. Safe plowing.. :gl:

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to GoPro Cameras