They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The Farmers Market

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

The Farmers Market

Postby sidd finch » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:16 pm

Finally some of the smoke and heat has cleared leaving a nice fall day. What better way to spend a Sunday than checking out the local farmers market. I wanted to try out how the GoPro 9 with stabilization and a 3 axis gimbal worked together....

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: The Farmers Market

Postby Peru » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:41 pm

That seemed to work out well. :tup:
Peru

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:46 am

It did seem to work well. What was your motivation to use a gimbal with the GoPro's already excellent software stabilization? That's some farmers market; we have a small one here but it's pathetic in comparison. Music was spot-on, too. Thumbs Up! :TU:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:27 am

I liked the smooth moves. Nice gimbal work!

I've tried to shoot farmer's markets myself, and it's very hard to make them look like fun on video. But your music and your camera moves did the trick!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:05 am

Thank you for the kind words and the outstanding spellcheck...lol This is one of the largest farmers markets in the area and has been here for quite a while. This is where we source some of the fruit used in making our jams

What was your motivation to use a gimbal with the GoPro's already excellent software stabilization?

I just wanted to see if the gimbal had any additional benefit. not so sure if it did or not. that bobbing up and down while walking is only mitigated by trying to walk like a ninja which is awkward when done in public. But the one thing the gimbals do great is the pan up and down because it is so smooth.

I've tried to shoot farmer's markets myself, and it's very hard to make them look like fun on video.

Wholeheartedly agree. I did not want to attract undo attention so I held the camera at my waist as I walked along. But I am always aware that someone might not want to be videoed. With all the different fruit and veg it is a really colorful place to record. I had a lot of fun too.

I have to say I am really liking the GoPro color profile on this camera.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:05 pm

Looked smooth Sidd! I didn't see any avocados??
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:22 pm

Looked smooth Sidd! I didn't see any avocados

Good point I did not see any either... not sure why

SIdd
sidd finch

Return to GoPro Cameras