They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Southern Pacific #1215

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

Southern Pacific #1215

Postby sidd finch » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:27 pm

I was watching Dave's railway opus again and it reminded me that we have a cool turn of the century steam engine on display in San Jose. The History Museum is an indoor-outdoor history park that strives to preserve the cultural and social history of the Santa Clara Valley from the turn of the 20th century.

And, of course no video is complete without the voice talents of our own Steve Grisetti. I am forever grateful he can make time to add that extra special ingredient to my videos. Thank you.

SIdd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Southern Pacific #1215

Postby momoffduty » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:18 pm

Nice smooth pans Sidd! And of course wonderful narration by Steve. Have you shared the video with the history museum? Good advertisement for them.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Bob » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:59 pm

Have you shared the video with the history museum?

Music licensing gets pretty complicated. Sidd would need to research the licensing/royalty issues first. I think this music is not in the public domain and still requires a license to use. I don't know for sure though.
Bob

Postby sidd finch » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:09 pm

I am happy to share a copy but 100% agreed on the music aspect. I did quite a bit of filming at the park an I am trying to edit through the video. I should have something to share in the coming days . If I do offer the video I will make sure I swap out the music.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:55 am

Thanks for letting me be involved, Sidd. As always, your work makes me sound better than I am. (Though I'm a bit uncomfortable that my end credit is in a font that's nearly as large as the main title!)

It's not easy to make a small, stationary object look interesting. But you've got the chops! Nice video.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:45 am

(Though I'm a bit uncomfortable that my end credit is in a font that's nearly as large as the main title!)

Absolutely no one likes making the talent feel uncomfortable and that includes me. Along with your request for no brown M&M's I have updated the end credit. Hopefully it is more to your likening.

It's not easy to make a small, stationary object look interesting.

Agreed. I was a bit unhappy because the footage bounces a bit as I was walking. After doing so research I discovered GoPro purchased a company called ReelSteady that takes the metadata from the camera file and uses the included gyroscope data to smooth out the footage. The only caveat is that you need to turn the smoothing function on the camera to the off position. So that might be the thing I try next time.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:55 am

Wow, that was nice! And of course, the music was spot-on. I've wasted no time in reporting you to the copyright police. This is a lot nicer venue than our display because yours is outdoors, making the lighting much friendlier for video. You put some extra-nice touches in this, including the quick cuts matching the music at the beginning. Enjoyed it, Sidd! :TU:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:01 pm

Excellent video. Loved Sidds camera action, Steves words and the music.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:32 pm

Nice smooth pans Sidd! And of course wonderful narration by Steve

Thanks mom, Steve's voice really adds the touch in my opinion.

Excellent video. Loved Sidd's camera action, Steves words and the music.

Thank you Treetop I appreciate you taking the time to watch. I am working on trying to get that drone smoothness but I have not mastered that ninja walk yet.

I've wasted no time in reporting you to the copyright police.

Et tu, Brute? :ha:
With the quick cuts I tried to give the video a bit of spice. IMO a nice sunny day really makes those GoPro's shine. That exhibit is new to the museum and the signage was donated from OSH's first stores. They were a mom and pop hardware store that was purchased by Lowes then shutdown. Great store to spend a few hours browsing around. Before they installed the sign someone stole it and it to a bit for the police to recover it. But the sign and the freight car have been restored.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:13 pm

Uh oh the copyright police caught Sidd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Dave McElderry » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:26 pm

momoffduty wrote:Uh oh the copyright police caught Sidd
I know nothing…nothing!

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Peru » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:18 am

momoffduty wrote:Uh oh the copyright police caught Sidd

:CS:
Peru

Postby sidd finch » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:58 am

Its one thing to get arrested but man it really hurts when they gang tackled me in the living room to get the cuffs on. I made sure to tell them my music supplier lived in Ohio. A guy by the name of Dave McElderry. :gl:

MOM how did you get my mug shot? The police department specifically said that would remain private. You must have friends on the inside. :whew:

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:24 am

sidd finch wrote:Its one thing to get arrested but man it really hurts when they gang tackled me in the living room to get the cuffs on. I made sure to tell them my music supplier lived in Ohio. A guy by the name of Dave McElderry. :gl:

:hyst: They'll never get me; I keep my music stash in a hidden compartment inside my guitar case.

Dave McElderry

Postby momoffduty » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:40 pm

sidd finch wrote:Its one thing to get arrested but man it really hurts when they gang tackled me in the living room to get the cuffs on. I made sure to tell them my music supplier lived in Ohio. A guy by the name of Dave McElderry. :gl:

MOM how did you get my mug shot? The police department specifically said that would remain private. You must have friends on the inside. :whew:

Sidd

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

Dave McElderry wrote:

:hyst: They'll never get me; I keep my music stash in a hidden compartment inside my guitar case.

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst:
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Next

Return to GoPro Cameras