They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The Pollenator

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

The Pollenator

Postby sidd finch » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:20 am

As a follow up to my lemon tree video I tried recording some honey bees as they went about their day pollenating the lemon tree. I am using a GoPro 9 with a macro lens I attached. I have Hyper-smooth activated and it is really handy. As I an twisting and turning to capture the bees movement the camera stays perfectly horizontal. Hope you enjoy.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: The Pollenator

Postby Peru » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:10 pm

You always gave a great choice of background music. ::CLAP:
Peru

Postby sidd finch » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:27 am

Thank you Bob appreciated.

I actually spend quite a bit of time trying to look and find music that I feel is appropriate to the video. It is nice to know it is appreciated. One of my video pet peeves is watching a really good video but having the sound-bed being inappropriate (IMO) to the video.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:28 am

It's been a while since we've seen any macro from you. The quality of the video is really good. Is that a lens that you adapted, or is it a GoPro accessory? As you know, I really enjoy your macro creations. :TU:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:32 am

Thanks Dave. This time I found a cage for the GoPro that can attach 52mm lenses. So I added a 4x and a 2x to the cage. The 52mm gives a bit bigger focus area on the GoPro and since everything is threaded the unit is a bit mor sturdy. But I must say I still think my DIY macro lens for my GoPro 4 was the best overall.

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to GoPro Cameras