They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

SPLASHDOWN

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

SPLASHDOWN

Postby sidd finch » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:02 am

Today July 24, 2019 marks the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 Astronauts safe return from their moon landing. The ship that successfully recovered the Astronauts is the USS Hornet which is now a museum. The public is invited to tour, explore, and learn about this famous WWII aircraft carrier. A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to tour the ship and in honor of the 50 year anniversary I created the following video. I was especially fortunate to have Steve Grisetti kindly provide the voice over which in my opinion transforms a random bunch of clips into a story. I am forever grateful to Steve for his talents. There is so much to see that this video only scratches the surface. I hope you enjoy watching as much as I had in creating.

Disclaimer: The aerial shots and the astronauts clips are stock footage.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: SPLASHDOWN

Postby Peru » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:06 pm

Very well done. :TU:
I like the use of B&W and slo mo in the beginning.
Peru

Postby sidd finch » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:49 am

Thanks Bob I was trying to pivot from old to new and B&W seemed the best way to make that change.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:07 pm

Very interesting! I toured a battleship once in the Seattle area, but it's been a long time ago and I'm ashamed to say that I don't remember its name. I noticed that you didn't fly the drone directly overhead of the ship. Was this on purpose? Were there rules you had to follow? Nice job, both of you.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:28 pm

Dave, Disclaimer: The aerial shots and the astronauts clips are stock footage.

I was not sure if I could bring my drone and fly it there. Did not want to take the chance...

I toured a battleship once in the Seattle area

Could it be the USS Turner Joy DD951 ??

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to GoPro Cameras