They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Spring is in the Air

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

Spring is in the Air

Postby sidd finch » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:09 pm

If old man winter still has the area where you live in his clutches there is still hope that spring is on its way. Went outside and the plum tree is blossoming. I tried to capture the blossoms using a GoPro 5 and a macro lens. Also for the first time I tried to use some lighting to highlight the blossoms. Your critique is always appreciated. :TU:

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Spring is in the Air

Postby Peru » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:39 pm

Very nice, Sidd. :tup:

We have almost two months until the apple blossoms come out. :(
Peru

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:44 am

Peru wrote:We have almost two months until the apple blossoms come out. :(

[political comment on]Despite claims that blossom is appearing much earlier due to global warming, since I was old enough to remember, apple blossom has always appeared in my garden during the first week of May. :-D
[/political comment off]
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby sidd finch » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:45 am

Thank you Peru. Spring time is something I always look forward to and when the blossoms arrive it is a race to capture video before the all fall off the tree. Because of the weather difference to the Midwest / East coast I think spring always comes a bit earlier on the west coast. But regardless of when it arrives I really enjoy it.

I do notice that the weather patterns have seemed to change around here. All seasons seem to be more intense in what they bring. Almost like Mother Nature is now drinking a few espressos while she is cooking up the global weather patterns.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby sidd finch » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:16 am

Well the days of sunshine have stopped for awhile replaced by rain. The rain has washed the blossoms off so getting some fun macro bee activity seems like a low probability.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby FrankSen » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:40 am

Gotta love the cherry blossom season. Great footage, Sidd!
FrankSen
New User
New User

Return to GoPro Cameras