They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

GoPro Hero 5 Black

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

GoPro Hero 5 Black

Postby momoffduty » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:32 pm

Looks good! From Petapixel:
http://petapixel.com/2016/09/19/gopro-h ... -commands/

GoPro is calling the new Hero 5 Black “Simply the best GoPro, ever.” They’re not wrong. Waterproof to 33ft out of the box and featuring 4K video, stabilization, voice commands, and more, the Hero 5 Black is a lot of action camera for $400.

aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Re: GoPro Hero 5 Black

Postby sidd finch » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:09 pm

I agree that it does indeed look pretty cool. they also call out the change in the lens to an Ultra-wide angle all-glass lens with reduced distortion called "linear" so you do not get so much of that fish-eye. Shoots Raw photos and video stabilization.

I am really interested in the drone + stabilizer combo that looks cool.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:16 am

The stabilizer looks promising. I wonder if it is better than the Steadicam Curve? I didn't see anything mentioned on batteries. The version 4 is not the same as the version 3 batteries. In one of the promos it was mentioned 3 speakers helps with audio. If it doesn't need a case to be waterproof, then I am curious on the housing with your speakers, SD card slot, and battery. The review also said the inboard stabilizer does give it somewhat of a wave effect. Hopefully this can be turned off.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:14 pm

As far as a performance perspective which to me begs the question. Is it cheaper to purchase a 4 black and deal with the differences or pop for the new 5. The interesting one to me is the new 5 session which looks like a scaled down 4 black. It has a pretty attractive price point too.

GoPro says the Hero 5 Black uses the same image sensor from the Hero 4 Black. That’s why the camera has the same 4K at 30 frames per second ceiling for video, and the same 12-megapixel still image capability. The important change, according to GoPro, is a new image processing chip, which allows the camera to hit those ceilings while offering new stuff, like voice control, digital image stabilization, and — finally — better battery life. GoPro says the Hero 5 Black will offer 50 percent longer battery life in most modes.

I also saw on youtube that GoPro had their GoPro tutorials section which has some good information too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClwg08 ... RzY1wnZC1A

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby sidd finch » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:20 pm

Just saw that GoPro is selling refurbished hero 4 Black for $375 USD

https://shop.gopro.com/refurbished/refu ... H-B11.html

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to GoPro Cameras