They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Different type of Lens

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

Different type of Lens

Postby Bubby Grub » Sun May 01, 2016 1:35 am

Hi Guys,
As you know we have just invested in the GoPro 4 Silver Edition, have it connected to the phone and works great. My question is we have just bought a small
hand held monopod, and are in the market for some different types of Lens. At this stage we would be looking at close up shots say about 3" to 12" away, and
something to film from the back of a room to the front, meaning something like a small theatre. Not knowing too much about lens what do you recommend
for us to get for a starting point. I have done a little research and discovered some recommend the Polar Pro Macro for the close up shots, what do you guys use
and recommend.
Also while we were in the states we had the go pro mounted to a scooter, just doing some shots just around the areas we were in, and the GoPro was in the
protective Case etc, it was a hot day and a couple of times the camera warned us it was overheating, basically it was only on for say 10 mins just filming a local
Street Band close up. Is there something we can get to protect the camera from that happening. Hubby thought he might be able to rig something up, but honestly
his idea of doing anything handyman style leaves alot to be desired, he even admits to that. So I just wondered if there was something that could be purchased.
We did purchase a kind of a rubberized casing in Frys, for about $5 but not really sure that would do the trick.
Any help and suggestions to get us on the way would be greatly appreciated. Bubby Grub :exc:
When all else fails, Hug your Teddy.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Different type of Lens

Postby sidd finch » Sun May 01, 2016 7:29 pm

The rubberized casing will just seal the heat in. I would suggest a Frame and protective lens cover.

Just remember it is not waterproof. I recommend the Frame mount 1 which is a lot more sturdy that the current frame mount.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Different type of Lens

Postby sidd finch » Sun May 01, 2016 9:57 pm

The lens adaptor's are a bit tricky. Because the lens is so wide you need to change the setting to narrow. This is only good for extreme close up. I would recommend a 52 mm lens adaptor ring.

Then select the macro lens that fits your needs. The lens adaptor needs to be affixed to the waterproof case and will not work with a frame mount.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to GoPro Cameras