They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Orion the Hunter

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

Re: Orion the Hunter

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:40 pm

_Paz_ wrote:Bob,
I think your filter makes a dramatic difference... and um, I've never seen the constellation lines either... could you plot those lines and enter them into the system on the Mother Ship so you can Show and Tell if you ever return to your own galaxy? :fg:

:CS:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby momoffduty » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:17 pm

Very cool Sidd! Good luck tonight!
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Ron Hunter » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:12 pm

For me it has become my go to camera. I think the quality is great, the size is perfect, and the things it can do beat out any of my other cameras. It is most certainly not a GH4 but learning to live within the parameters of what it can do is pretty exciting. I think because it is so easy to use I am recording a lot more video than if I was using a regular camera.
Sidd

I am close to getting a new Go Pro for the reasons you mentioned. Today my son and I were watching old home videos and I saw one shot with the old HDHero2. Great saturation and focus, and surprisingly low/no camera shake when compared to a "real" camcorder (HFR400). Yeah, GoPros don't have the bells and whistles of some cameras, but so what? You are enjoying yours and you are shooting more video than ever. Isn't that the mark of a "good camera"?
Desktop: HPE-580T, i7-950 (3.07GHz), 16GB RAM, Win'7 64-bit Home Premium, PSE12/PRE12, Lightroom 5.
Laptop: MacBook Pro (retina), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5.
Cameras (in use): Panasonic GH4/Canon HFR400/Canon HV30, GoPro HD Hero2.
Ron Hunter
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:34 pm

You are enjoying yours and you are shooting more video than ever. Isn't that the mark of a "good camera"?

That is the reason I made the decision to just stick with a GoPro. I also enjoy the challenge of trying to capture something while keeping to the confines of what the camera can do. I always want to enjoy the event as opposed to making it a big production and I am more worried about the shot than enjoying the event.

Also for the most part I do not use a monitor or the wifi app. It is always exciting to see what I was able to capture.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Previous

Return to GoPro Cameras