They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Cytospora Canker revisited

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

Cytospora Canker revisited

Postby sidd finch » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:25 pm

I thought I would try a couple of macro lenses stacked to see what kind of shots I could get from the Cytospora Cankers I saved from 2013. This time I used a video light to try and get a more even color.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Cytospora Canker revisited

Postby Gerlinde » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:23 am

That is pretty neat! It looks like something from a different planet. Nice editing too!
Sidd, I think you should put together a series of how to videos for us. I really wonder how you film all the small crawlers, like the ants, with your macro setup.
A) i7-3930K 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo), 32GB DDR3-1600, SSD 256GB, 2x1TB+2x2TB Seagate Barracuda (72krpm), Geforce GTX 550 Ti (1GB), Win10 Pro 64-bit
B) Sony Vaio i7-3632QM,12gb DDR3-1333MHz, GeForce® GT 640M LE (2GB), 750GB (7200rpm), Win10 Pro64-bit
Gerlinde

Postby momoffduty » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:24 am

Loved the detail & color Sidd. Isn't the canker harmful to the tree? And I agree with Gerlinde, please a how to macro video. :)
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:48 am

Yes the Canker's in plum trees comes from an invasive fungus, which can eventually eat away at and kill plum trees if left untreated

With our drought this year there is almost no fruit on the tree. It got me looking again for the fungus signs and I remembered that I had save them from prior years.

Macro how to's ??? Humm I will have to see what I can put together. They are quite easy. Just imagine yourself as a 7 year old with a magnifying glass exploring. The difference, I am not 7 and I connect my magnifying glass to a GoPro.... lol :)

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:15 am

sidd finch wrote:

Macro how to's ??? Humm I will have to see what I can put together. They are quite easy. Just imagine yourself as a 7 year old with a magnifying glass exploring. The difference, I am not 7 and I connect my magnifying glass to a GoPro.... lol :)

Sidd

Okkkaaaay. That was very helpful. :fg: I had a real working micro-scope as a kid. Don't know what happened to it. As a tom-boy nerd I asked for things like a micro-scope, typewriter, elec. organ, baseball mitt & bat, skate board, pogo stick. Wish I had all those things now. Still have the 2nd type writer & baseball gear.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:08 am

When I lived in the country in the late 70s I had a plum tree that had this. I never knew what it was until this moment. The tree was dying, and did die, BTW, but I don't know if it was from the canker. Those photographs were incredible! ::CLAP:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby _Paz_ » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:46 pm

That's just plum beautiful, Sidd! Kind of strange... everything about your plums is beautiful. Even disease. :conf:

LOVE the music too.
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:24 pm

everything about your plums is beautiful

When I first noticed them I thought it was like a maple tree oozing sap. After researching I was sad to find out that it is because of this fungus problem. I have been reading up on ways to thwart the disease but I hope the tree can be rescued.

Even though the sap is the tree trying to heal itself I found the exudation of gum to be very beautiful almost like an agate.

I have decided that if the tree does die, I want to try and make something from the wood of the tree. Kind of like the Shel Silverstein book

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby _Paz_ » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:58 am

I hope your tree can be rescued too.

I've always heard that it isn't a good idea to put soap on plants, but I assure you, the grass grows taller and greener where our washing machine discharges. Hot water too. Can you save bath and washing machine water for your plants?
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to GoPro Cameras