They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Spring has Sprung...

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

Spring has Sprung...

Postby sidd finch » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:53 am

Well what a difference a week makes. Weather has been unusually warm so spring is starting in full force. I am always surprised at how quickly the Plum Blossoms start popping. The whole process from branch to bud to flower to leaf is 3 weeks. I guess thats where the term busy bee comes from. Time moves quickly.

I used my GPH4B with a couple of macro lens' attached. It was bright enough outside that I was able to get plenty of sunlight.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Spring has Sprung...

Postby Peru » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:38 pm

Once again, nicely done.
I'm looking forward to spring. Unfortunately, in my neck of the woods, warm weather is another month away. We are still in the teens and twenties with some snow on the ground. It's good for the skiers, I guess.
Peru

Postby sidd finch » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:19 pm

Thanks peru...I am sending spring thoughts your way.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby _Paz_ » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:46 pm

Lovely! You have some beautiful shots here, Sidd. I love the slow zoom ins and your still shots are beautiful. Especially the back lit ones. The music is nice for this too. Of course, the music on the original would be hard to top. It was perfect.

When you take your still shots with the GoPro do you change the mode to camera or are these isolated freeze frames?
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby _Paz_ » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:47 pm

You say you're using two macro lenses. Before you said one was part of a two piece combo. Are the macro lenses available separately?
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:23 am

Thank you Paz.

Because there typically is a breeze I just take a still image from the video. The actual video is shaky and not very useable which is why I take the still frames.

I am using (qty =2) 37mm wide angle lenses that are a combo wide angle and macro lense. I unscrew both Macro lenses and then stack the macro lenses together. It can get some pretty nice magnification but because they need to be so close to the subject there needs to be plenty of ambient light.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby _Paz_ » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:04 am

Thanks! I understand.

I've been experimenting with one 37mm macro that came as part of a wide angle (the fisheye) and macro kit. I've taken the macro alone and added a Raynox clip on macro to the 37mm macro. Actually, I've tried all versions of the filters, 37mm macro alone, 150 Raynox clip on and 250 Raynox clip on.

I think the 37mm macro has the highest magnification. I've also tried out a 10x closeup lens and the 37mm macro is higher than that. I have no way of guessing what magnification the 37 has but it is really nice. I've ordered some step down rings from B&H that should arrive in the next couple of days - if they work I want to try the GoPro on the PilotFly with the 37mm macro on an extension pole to see what the flowers look like from a higher perspective. Most of my flowers are higher than I can reach.

Oh, I'm using an old above ground swimming pool, net holder, extension pole to attach a small Manfrotto clamp to hold the PilotFly. The aluminum pole has a long reach, is light weight, can be folded to fit into my Miata trunk and already has a hole in it that a 1/4 20 bolt can go through.
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:13 am

Sidd, Sidd, you are killing me. Lovely light and spring has sprung at least on your coast. I can't wait for Spring to arrive here. Wonderful macro work.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:30 am

Thank you Mom I appreciate you comments. :)

Spring is one of those times of year where I am always surprised at how nature just kicks into gear and everyone is ready to go. Flowers Bees, trees....Humans not so much.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby _Paz_ » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:12 pm

Aw, sniff, sniff, really? HA CHOOOOOOO! Whadaya mean? I love spring. honk! :fg:
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby _Paz_ » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:21 pm

Funny, how something can trigger a memory. Probably the last movie we went to while my Dad was still alive was Snow White. We left the theater and Daddy said I was Sneezy. Then he snickered and said Mother was Grumpy and my sister was Sleepy! It was great fun!
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to GoPro Cameras