They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Honey Bee

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

Re: Honey Bee

Postby sidd finch » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:11 pm

What's the difference in the 4 and the 4B?

The 4 comes in Black or Silver. I was indicating the Black.

The monitor shows video in real time so I am not sure at what frame rate it is playing but I use it to see if the subject is in focus. It works so I am happy.

A bullfrog... Now that seems like an interesting video project. We have nice weather but we do not have any water and this is the worst drought since they have been keeping weather records so not sure what scenario is better. Sounds like trying to keep the pond running is an adventure in itself.... It is kind of like grass is always greener on the other side. :)

The lemon scent is amazing. We also have orange trees that have a wonderful blossom scent. In the spring I love to just sit and smell the wonderful smells. It reminds me that there is more to the world than just asphalt and concrete..

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Honey Bee

Postby _Paz_ » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:55 pm

I'd love to see orange blossoms too. (hint, hint!)

The bullfrog was cold and moved very slowly. First I noticed a movement in the sludge. He struggled to move away from the edge of the pool to the center, then buried himself in deeper, wetter sludge. He's one of the biggest I've ever seen. We used to sit out by the pool at night and tried all sorts of floating frog capture contraptions to catch them. Their eyes shine white in flashlight (torchlight.) We were concerned that frogs would eat our baby fish. We keep having more babies every year so I guess they don't eat them all.

The pool is simply a giant aquarium with lily pads, frogs and once, a green garden snake. I chose Comet goldfish because they can move very fast to escape predators. We occasionally have herons. We dug it extra deep, not so much to keep the lower water from freezing as to keep it from getting too hot. I've designed a couple of different filter systems. The current one works but I think I need to add some laundry size mesh bags full of activated charcoal to help it work better. Our weather casters are talking about 16F tomorrow night. I'm glad the babies are inside, even though the aquarium they are in already needs to be cleaned. Overcrowding!

Cold or drought? I guess I'll take the cold. I find the drought to be a grave concern. I hope the dismal prophesies don't pan out.

I did some more testing yesterday and with a different HDMI cable WAS able to see both preview before and during filming at 1080 120. :exc:

The expensive, super skinny HDMI cable is going back.
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Previous

Return to GoPro Cameras