They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Which program is best for editing GoPro 4k footage?

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

Re: Which program is best for editing GoPro 4k footage?

Postby _Paz_ » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:12 pm

What happened? There don't appear to be any edits in the file uploaded to YouTube. ???

I exported the file, saved to YouTube and it has a setting available that 2160p HD, so it definitely is this file. First time I've ever uploaded anything higher than 1080.

During my editing in PrePro CS 6, the edits show up. For example, in this shot, the zoom in rate is 200%. The Borosoft logo is at the bottom of the image. In the YouTube video, the logo is in the center of the entire video.

The horizon looks level. This shot represents when I've just said "okay" when I stopped running. The YouTube example shows lots of fisheye.

Is it possible that the Borosoft logo prevented the edits from working? If not, any other suspicions?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQJrQxCJez8&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

:ha:
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Which program is best for editing GoPro 4k footage?

Postby _Paz_ » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:28 pm

It hit me while I was eating supper.

Since I uploaded the 4k video as full resolution, the pan and zoom couldn't work. I exported again, at 1080p this time, and uploaded to YouTube.

The horizon looks level instead of curved - fisheye. The pan and zoom worked.

I'm still not thrilled with the sharpness, or lack of it. I did not sharpen in editing, but it should have been shot at the default - highest sharpness of the GoPro 4 lens. I think the sharpness looks better in the 4k version. Perhaps downsizing causes sharpness to go down. My original thought was that having the 4k resolution ought to give me enough 'power' to zoom in on the bird. I can only wonder how well the bird would have turned out (or not) if it had been filmed in 1080 in the first place.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvjzBvIBjY8&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Previous

Return to GoPro Cameras