They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The Egyptian Museum

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

The Egyptian Museum

Postby sidd finch » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:47 am

I have been working on this video for a bit and I am hoping to have some narration but I was inspired by the videos I saw in the 1 minute movie challenge and of course some of Mom's trip-hop videos.

This place is unique as the entire location has all their buildings constructed to make it look like it is Egyptian flavored. Especially unique in Silicon Valley where a 6 month old smartphone is considered ancient. lol Music is by Peter Gabriel.

SIdd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: The Egyptian Museum

Postby Bob » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:27 pm

I see you know the way to San Jose. ;)

I've always managed to be in the area on days when the museum was closed. :( Though I did get to see the Winchester House once.
Bob

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:21 pm

Wow, that was nice. I liked the motion graphics you included. Were the stationary shots handheld? ::CLAP:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby momoffduty » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:20 pm

Wow Sidd, you stepped it up another notch with the overlays on the walls and the animations! Egyptian Trip-Hop :-D
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:09 pm

Thank you. Shots were a combination of tripod and monopod. And yes another tribute to Mom in her trip hop style. There is a coffee shop across the street so it was nice to grab a coffee and walk around in the solitude. The Museum is really cool but could use a remodel as it is in need of some updating. I have yet to go to the Winchester Mystery house but that would be a cool trip.

I wanted to add some "mom" with the graphics... :-8

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:44 am

Very well done. Makes me want to see the inside of that Museum.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron Hunter » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:46 am

Sidd I think that is your best video yet! I loved how the music fit with the clips, and the motion graphics on the walls was really cool! I liked the soaring bird and chariot too. It was neat how you placed that bird in several clips. I thought the construction pylons were out of place, but everything else was awesome!!

How did you do the motion graphics??
Desktop: HPE-580T, i7-950 (3.07GHz), 16GB RAM, Win'7 64-bit Home Premium, PSE12/PRE12, Lightroom 5.
Laptop: MacBook Pro (retina), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5.
Cameras (in use): Panasonic GH4/Canon HFR400/Canon HV30, GoPro HD Hero2.
Ron Hunter
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:29 pm

Thank you.

The motion graphics were just key-framed with a matte. Those were 100% inspired by Moms work.

The construction pylons were to depict a giant version of an Egyptian game called Senet

Sadly the inside of the Museum while containing a wealth of information looks a bit dated, but with a cost of only $8 to get in it is well worth the price. Most of the artifacts are real and are incredibly interesting to see. A lot of the local schools take field trips there to see the exhibits.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Ron Hunter » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:02 pm

Thanks for the explanation Sidd. I had no idea about the large-scale Egyptian game, never heard of that but I don't know much about ancient Egypt. And its good to know you can make such cool motion graphics without using AE!
Desktop: HPE-580T, i7-950 (3.07GHz), 16GB RAM, Win'7 64-bit Home Premium, PSE12/PRE12, Lightroom 5.
Laptop: MacBook Pro (retina), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5.
Cameras (in use): Panasonic GH4/Canon HFR400/Canon HV30, GoPro HD Hero2.
Ron Hunter
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:30 am

I would love to learn After Effects. I have tried on my own but I need to do some Lynda training. By the time I get around to Thinking..."wow I should use After Effects" I am at the ending stages of my creations and I put off using it promising myself...next project.

From the folks I have seen playing the game at the Museum it looks like it is a fun game.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:17 am

A brief moment that really blows one's mind, as the video shows perspectives, movement, parallax, a sense of the exhotic unexpected from an artificial milieu: I trembled at 1:45 although I am a mediterranean who bath in the same water and ... hey ! ... one of the 70 inhabitants of the village I live in is from Luxor, good "old" Ashraf :-) !

And there are also geometries, fast pace and "true" :-) colors.
I am convinced that rule of thirds is not a must, your framing is nice as well when objects are central.

Glad to listen to Peter Gabriel's art too, some Genesis covers will star in my video for the november's contest :-)
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to GoPro Cameras