They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Sunrise christmas Eve and Christmas Day

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

Sunrise christmas Eve and Christmas Day

Postby sidd finch » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:11 pm

Decided to wake up early Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to see if I could capture the sunrise. It was cold outside but I am happy with the result. Having the wide angle really lets you see most of the sky as the sun peeks through. I shot in 1080P 30fps ad wide setting.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Sunrise christmas Eve and Christmas Day

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:47 pm

That was very cool, no pun intended. :) Even though we didn't get to see the sun on the first one, I loved the cloud movement. I'm curious about something, though. I've thought about doing this myself, either sunrise or sunset, but I've read that pointing a camcorder directly into the sun can damage the sensor. Have you heard anything like this, and has it ever been a concern?
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Gerlinde » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:22 pm

Nicely done Sidd. I loved the cat shooting by in your first video. We have really nice sunsets at the moment and I wanted to film one, but have been to busy ever since Thanksgiving :conf:
One of those days.... :)
A) i7-3930K 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo), 32GB DDR3-1600, SSD 256GB, 2x1TB+2x2TB Seagate Barracuda (72krpm), Geforce GTX 550 Ti (1GB), Win10 Pro 64-bit
B) Sony Vaio i7-3632QM,12gb DDR3-1333MHz, GeForce® GT 640M LE (2GB), 750GB (7200rpm), Win10 Pro64-bit
Gerlinde

Postby sidd finch » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:33 pm

I've read that pointing a camcorder directly into the sun can damage the sensor. Have you heard anything like this, and has it ever been a concern?

I have heard of that Dave but I think it would apply to more direct sunlight hitting the sensor. At sunrise sunset you do not get the complete intensity of the sun on the sensor. The Christmas Eve was shot in narrow mode so I did not realize this until after I was editing. But I really like how the 2 different layers of clouds formed and both went separate ways. Later that morning there was a very heavy snowfall.

We have really nice sunsets at the moment and I wanted to film one, but have been to busy ever since Thanksgiving

It has been really nice in northern California too. but without the nice horizon view I am stuck viewing my small patch of sky each morning.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby _Paz_ » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:30 pm

I enjoyed both of those. The crisscross clouds in the first and glorious sunrise colors in the second.

Look outdoors here and you can see trees. I miss seeing the sky at the beach.
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:43 pm

Both are very nice! I liked the glow on the snow of the Christmas Day. What was the length of the shoot?
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:20 am

Mom the I ran the camera for 1 hour and 25 minutes until it ran out of power.

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to GoPro Cameras