They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The case of the missing macro

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

The case of the missing macro

Postby sidd finch » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Since I purchased my GoPro Hero 3 Black I wave been wanting to continue with my Flip Macro Adventures only this time using the GoPro. From everything I have been looking at getting a lens attachment is really expensive or the mount is for lenses I do not have. I was looking through my 37mm lens adaptor rings and had an Eureka moment. The 25-30mm ring adaptor is an exact fit for the barrel of the lens. I then added a 30-37mm lens adaptor and I can now start my Macro quest again. So why not just use a 25mm to 37mm ring.....ummm it's super glued to my Flip camera at the moment.

It is all thanks to an extra strong cup of coffee early in the morning..... So now macro equipped, I started hunting in the backyard to see what I can capture.....please let their be a spider somewhere.... More to follow :)

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: The case of the missing macro

Postby _Paz_ » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:45 pm

Smart moooove, Sidd!

Can't wait to see your new macro footage! If you can't find a spider, I'll send you one of mine.

Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:11 am

Ok Sidd, you are having too much fun! ;) Post up your macro video soon.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:58 am

Sidd, I hope you're getting a commission on all these GoPros you're selling!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:55 pm

I like the spider Paz, Thank you

Steve I could only hope. But alas I am just an enthusiast. I am really fascinated by these small but powerful little cameras. I also don't aspire to use the camera in the "selfie" mindset which I think they are being marketed to the public. I think most people associate the camera with the "selfie" movement that is popular now. So I want to show how much other stuff you can use them for.

Because the camera fits into a small little box it reminds me of being a kid and having a matchbox car. You get a cool little car that looks like a real car that you can carry around and pretend to drive it then put it in its own little box and keep it safe in your pockets. Then when you got stuck at Aunt Edna's house you have a fun toy to play with. LOL

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Peru » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:37 am

Are those reproductions of the Matchbox cars or the originals?

I had a couple of the ones pictured, plus many more when I was a kid, but they were "lost" by a moving company.
Peru

Postby sidd finch » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:43 am

I think they are original. I googled matchbox and saw this result.

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to GoPro Cameras