They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Cheap aerial platform for GoPro

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

Re: Cheap aerial platform for GoPro

Postby Bob » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:39 pm

Who is going to complain about it?

Apparently there are quite a few people against it and you may get reported if your video is posted on a public site and seen by them. They could also report it to the local police while you are filming.

See this article: http://www.videomaker.com/article/15795-attack-on-the-drones-is-shooting-with-a-drone-camera-legal
Bob

Postby sidd finch » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:38 am

As cool as this technology is, there does seem like a lot of places that this could get problematic. But I wonder if there was the same uproar when all the smartphones came out with cameras.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:19 am

I read on another forum where the poster had to take his camera gear back to the car at one of the large malls, maybe it was Mall of America. As security was talking to him there were a few young guys taking photos with phones of the incident. Irony.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:26 am

momoffduty wrote:I read on another forum where the poster had to take his camera gear back to the car at one of the large malls......

Off topic for aerial videoing but, for "ground based work" -

For amateurs my take would be that if it is a public place then you can video without hindrance.

If it is private property or a professional shoot then it is more reasonable that permissions etc. are required in advance.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Previous

Return to GoPro Cameras