They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Hook, Line, ....yes..... and Sinker

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

Hook, Line, ....yes..... and Sinker

Postby sidd finch » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:17 am

Apparently the lure was too great to resist. I took the plunge and got a GoPro Hero 3 black and I must say that it is a really cool camera. I was expecting that this camera would be the one to replace my other micro camcorders but that is not the case. Instead, the GoPro becomes another tool to compliment my other micro cameras. For the DSLR and camcorder purist, these cameras are not in that league. But to have the ability to record HD from more than one source at the same time and have them all fit in your pockets is the excitement for me.

I still think that my Flip camera shoots the best video and is the most versatile because of the ability to add different lenses. Since there is no fisheye effect it works really well. I might be biased because I have been using the Flip so much but I think the GoPro will open up some new possibilities. I also really like the Mobius HD but I am still working to get the color palette corrected so that it does not skew the colors so much. I can carry the Flip, GoPro and Mobius HD all in one hand and that makes them easy to use.

I did a side by side of the Mobius HD and the GoPro not to point out the differences but to show how compatible they are. I did not do any color tweaking to either video and I did not identify which camera is which but by watching I think it is evident what camera is the GoPro and what camera is the Mobius HD.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Hook, Line, .............yes......... and Sinker

Postby momoffduty » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:48 am

Thanks for the comparison Sidd. Congrats on your new camera too! I am thinking of putting the GoPro on my Christmas list this year. Or at least gift cards.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:13 pm

Mom, I made sure I shot all the footage in the backyard so you can see how my roses are doing. Those pesky kids were around the pool so I will have to go there when the kids are taking their naps.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:32 pm

Yes, I did notice the roses are ending their season. And did see a head go by the pool.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Re: Hook, Line, ..yes...... and Sinker

Postby sidd finch » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:53 pm

One of the things that I have noticed is that the GoPro ecosystem is quite expensive. This is a good place to DIY as often as possible.

Sidd
sidd finch

Re: Hook, Line, ....yes..... and Sinker

Postby momoffduty » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:14 pm

Yeah, I've already been looking at accessories.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby Ron Hunter » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:33 am

Thanks for the comparison Sidd. I especially liked the PIP that showed the color difference.

+1 on how expensive the GoPro accessories are. I like that "Rotor" you recently posted about but its price is steep. I plan to get a "dive enclosure" so I can jump in our pool with it next year. :-D
Desktop: HPE-580T, i7-950 (3.07GHz), 16GB RAM, Win'7 64-bit Home Premium, PSE12/PRE12, Lightroom 5.
Laptop: MacBook Pro (retina), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5.
Cameras (in use): Panasonic GH4/Canon HFR400/Canon HV30, GoPro HD Hero2.
Ron Hunter
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:14 pm

Joe, I found a bunch of DIY for that rotor that looks easy to build. The parts are cheap and looks to get the same effect

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to GoPro Cameras