They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Summer to Fall Anamorphic

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

Summer to Fall Anamorphic

Postby sidd finch » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:48 pm

I picked up a pretty cool anamorphic lens for the GoPro 9/10. It works really well and I think gives the footage an interesting perspective. Wide but not Fish-eye wide.

Also during Fall I am always searching out places where the trees actually change color. Found this tiny grove and really like the colors. I think the trees are Sumac but not 100%

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Summer to Fall Anamorphic

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:22 pm

Sweet. I like it. There's been some great color this fall, although later than usual. The fog was a nice touch; did they have it in stock, or did you have to special order it?
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:42 pm

Thanks Dave, I wish I could say I kicked a tree and the fog appeared but it was just one of those cool natural surprises. I think it made the video better.

I think you would really like that anamorphic lens for your GoPro it gives it a really cool touch. The only thing I forgot to do was turn the stabilization off as you can see borders sometimes. but just no quick pans and it is fine.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:01 am

That lens has a sort of Panavision/cinematic look to it. Really looks great, Sidd!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:06 pm

Thanks Steve. I think that is what that lens is trying to emulate. I like it because if gives a nice wide angle. Just need to keep the GoPro in linear mode.

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to GoPro Cameras