They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

AKEEM Font

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

AKEEM Font

Postby Walter Seaton » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:59 pm

I started a project over a year ago and had to stop for personal reasons. I am now trying to pick up where I left off and have run into a serious (for me) problem.

I use animated dates and have chosen the AKEEM font for some of them. With the project half finished, I want to continue to use this font. However, when I try to select it in my Title menu, all I get is a group of hollow squares. There is no question that the font is in my system - for example, it opens immediately in Photoshop Elements 12. What I am trying to do - and obviously I have forgotten how I got there before - is to have the date move around the screen for a few seconds.

I have even tried the following, which used to work before but not now. Using ProShow7 Professional I imported a blank Photoshop slide and animated the date (AKEEM will open in my ProShow), then published it in .avi. However, whereas previously only the date would move around when I located the .avi file over the main subject in the Timeline (the blank part being invisible) now the date appears over a black background, which blocks out the main subject.

Your advice on each of the two above matters will be very much appreciated.
3.70 gigahertz Intel 6-Core i7-8700K; Windows10PRO 64 bit; Board: ROG STRIX Z370-G ; 16MB RAM; Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050Ti ; 2 ViewSonic VP2365 Monitors; 2 internal SSDs 1TB each; 3 HDs: 2x2TB and 1x3TB; Camera Panasonic PV-DV953D; Sound Files .wav.
Walter Seaton
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: AKEEM Font

Postby Peru » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:08 pm

I would start with updating your video driver.
Peru

Postby Walter Seaton » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:37 pm

Thank you - I double-checked with a detailed Internet search - the response was that the best updates for my graphic card are currently installed.

So, what else can you suggest?
3.70 gigahertz Intel 6-Core i7-8700K; Windows10PRO 64 bit; Board: ROG STRIX Z370-G ; 16MB RAM; Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050Ti ; 2 ViewSonic VP2365 Monitors; 2 internal SSDs 1TB each; 3 HDs: 2x2TB and 1x3TB; Camera Panasonic PV-DV953D; Sound Files .wav.
Walter Seaton
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Peru » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:51 am

Walter Seaton wrote:- the response was that the best updates for my graphic card are currently installed.

Did you go directly to the video card manufacturer's site?
Peru

Postby Walter Seaton » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:31 am

Previously I did only an Internet automatic check. In view of your question, I went directly to the ATI Radeon site for my card. The response was the same - everything is up to date.
Walter Seaton
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:52 pm

I went to a number of sites where one can download fonts. When looking at the character map for the AKEEM font all I see are empty rectangles. See here, for examples:

http://www.fontpalace.com/font-download/AKEEM+Regular/

http://m.font.downloadatoz.com/font,729 ... m-regular/

I'm not sure what this means, but it does go along with your results. It doesn't explain why it used to work for you, but it tells me that there's something out of the ordinary here. Maybe someone who's more font-savvy can explain this. Does anyone else see anything other than empty rectangles when looking at the above character maps?
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Walter Seaton » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:24 pm

The strange thing is that on my PC AKEEM will open completely in Word, Excel, Photoshop Elements 12 and Proshow Producer Professional - just not in Premiere Elements 12. It also shows up in my version of Typograph. Could there be some problem with my version of Premiere Elements 12?
Walter Seaton
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:13 pm

Try clearing the cache and preferences Walter. This is for Premiere Pro but works the same for Elements.

It can be really frustrating when Premiere Pro starts misbehaving. One of the most efficient ways to fix this is to reset Premiere Pro preference files. Trashing preferences resets the program to its factory defaults.

Resetting preferences will undo most of your customization such as length of your default transitions, brightness of the user interface, labels colors, changes that you've made to your audio hardware settings and more. Some changes won't be affected though, such as changes that you've made to memory allocation for Premiere Pro and other Adobe apps, new workspaces that you've created and some other stuff. It's worth noting that changes that you've made to existing workspaces (changes such as resizing panels and moving them) will be reset to defaults.

Preferences that you set for scratch disks, however, are saved with your projects. Whenever you open a project, it automatically defaults to the scratch disks you selected for it when you set up that project.

Here is how you can reset the preferences:
Press Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) while launching Premiere Pro. You can release the Alt key or Option key when the splash screen appears.
To reset preferences and plug-in cache at the same time, hold down Shift-Alt (Windows) or Shift-Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting. Release the Shift-Alt keys or Shift-Option key when the splash screen appears.

If you don't see the list of your recent projects on the Welcome Screen the next time you launch Premiere Pro, the preferences were reset correctly.

NOTE: Nothing happens to the project files; it's just that Premiere Pro's recent directories are wiped off too. Navigate to your project location and open it from there.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:16 pm

Also check out this thread, especially at the end where Bob talks about the Adobe Font File.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10898
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 12