They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Problem loading app and burning DVD

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

Problem loading app and burning DVD

Postby Walter Seaton » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:31 pm

To date I have had not problems running PRE12. Today when I tried to burn a CD "encoding media" stopped after about 54% of the project had been encoded and I got an error notice stating that “Adobe Premiere Elements 12 is not responding”. I shut down and reloaded the program - I now had difficulty during loading - it got stuck at "Loading ImporterQuickTimeHost.prm (the extension is hard to read; I think the middle letter is an 'r'). I shut down again and rebooted my PC. This time the program started up, I was able to load the project, but encoding again stopped at 54% when I got the above error notice again.

Do you have any idea what is going on here?

Thank you.
3.70 gigahertz Intel 6-Core i7-8700K; Windows10PRO 64 bit; Board: ROG STRIX Z370-G ; 16MB RAM; Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050Ti ; 2 ViewSonic VP2365 Monitors; 2 internal SSDs 1TB each; 3 HDs: 2x2TB and 1x3TB; Camera Panasonic PV-DV953D; Sound Files .wav.
Walter Seaton
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Problem loading app and burning DVD

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:04 pm

I know you've got plenty of hard drive space, but when did you last run Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter on all of your drives? There could be a lot of junk floating around out there that's keeping the program from grabbing contiguous space.

It might not hurt to run CCleaner also.

You're running on a 32-bit operating system, so that could prove to be a bottleneck potentially. What are the sources of the media in your project? Is it all camcorder video? Are all of your audio files WAV files? Are all of your photos sized to no larger than 2000x1500 pixels?

I'm sure you've also manually gone to Windows Update and made sure you've got all of the updates that don't install automatically and you've checked to ensure you have the latest version of Quicktime.

It also might be worth throwing together a simple 10-minute project made up of basic camcorder video and seeing if you can create an ISO or DVD file folder from that. Just to ensure that the problem is this particular project and not the program itself. (Also try launching the program while holding down the Ctrl+Alt+Shift keys on the left side of your keyboard to clear your preferences and, for good measure, going to the program's Preferences/Media and clearing the Media Cache.)

Finally, you refer to burning a CD of your movie. I'm assuming you mean a DVD. Burning movies to CD is kind of an antiquated way of producing discs, and it's got its own set of challenges.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Walter Seaton » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:34 pm

Problem solved in a strange manner – briefly described below in case you are interested.

Re your suggestions:- I run Disc Clean up manually once each month, Defrag automatically once a week; I have never used CCleaner, so I downloaded it and applied it; my sources are partly camcorder DV video, professionally digitised movie film; photos less than 2000x1500 pixels; all audio files are .wav; my Windows and other apps (e.g. Quicktime) are continuously updated by me; And I do not burn videos to CDs – that was a typo.

After using CCleaner I tried once again – same problem. I put together a 10 minute video as you suggested which burned to DVD without a problem.

I then tried something which should not have had any effect, but it seems to have solved the problem (unless I still have it and the successful burn was a fluke). I assemble my final videos on track 2 with effects etc above it. Bits of clips which I cut out I save on track 1. I cleaned out all the stuff on track 1, moved the CTI far to the right of the last frame on the timeline (previously it had been somewhere in the middle) and made sure that the Work Area Bar sliders exactly enclosed the whole timeline in use (not the case previously).

Bingo – no problem in burning a DVD of the complete timeline (1.76GB).

Thank you for your exhaustive response to my question.
3.70 gigahertz Intel 6-Core i7-8700K; Windows10PRO 64 bit; Board: ROG STRIX Z370-G ; 16MB RAM; Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050Ti ; 2 ViewSonic VP2365 Monitors; 2 internal SSDs 1TB each; 3 HDs: 2x2TB and 1x3TB; Camera Panasonic PV-DV953D; Sound Files .wav.
Walter Seaton
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:15 pm

Great solution, Walter!

One common thing that bugs up Premiere Elements processing is a blank spot on Video 1. I wonder if that was what you found and accidentally fixed?

In the end, it doesn't matter. All that matters is that it's fixed. Great troubleshooting!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:39 pm

:TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 12