They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Left Click

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

Left Click

Postby Walter Seaton » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:37 pm

Everything has been working well until today I started experimenting with PiP. I have the main project on Track 2 and the clip to be inserted on Track 3. When I drag a PiP effect over the clip on Track 3 nothing seems to happen except that the description of the effect shows up for a short time over Track 3. However, the effect does not appear when I play the tracks. But now neither the left click nor right click mouse buttons will work in PRE12, not even on the icon in the task bar (they worked very well before); the mouse wheel still moves the timeline left and right but I can not longer "grab" the CTI with my left click arrow. The mouse buttons work well everywhere else (including PSE12 which I opened with PRE12 open just to test) while the non-responsive PRE12 was still on my desktop. Because the mouse buttons don't work I have to use the Task Manager to shut PRE12 down. There is no problem in starting it up again in the same project and the mouse buttons work as intended. But as soon as I try to apply a PiP effect the mouse buttons stop working as described above.

Any ideas as to what is going on here?

Many thanks.
3.70 gigahertz Intel 6-Core i7-8700K; Windows10PRO 64 bit; Board: ROG STRIX Z370-G ; 16MB RAM; Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050Ti ; 2 ViewSonic VP2365 Monitors; 2 internal SSDs 1TB each; 3 HDs: 2x2TB and 1x3TB; Camera Panasonic PV-DV953D; Sound Files .wav.
Walter Seaton
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Left Click

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:33 am

So it sounds like the program itself still work fine, right? You can start a new project and add media to it, and you can open an old project and edit with no problem. It's only the PiP effect that takes everything south?

What happens if, instead of using the PiP preset, you just manually create a PiP by clicking on the upper clip in the Monitor and resizing and repositioning it by dragging on its corner handles?

It certainly is possible that some of the features on the program have corrupted. And you may want to uninstall, run CCleaner and reinstall. But, meantime, let's see if you can create the effect without depending on the preset.

Meantime, thanks for including your specs in your signature. You're using an older operating system on a lower-end computer for video editing. However, you're also editing miniDV footage, so your computer should certainly have enough power to work with it.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 12