They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Windows 10 Crashed My computer.

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

Windows 10 Crashed My computer.

Postby kenskopp » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:26 am

Hi,

Two weeks ago Windows 10 crashed my computer. I am in the process of installing a new "C" drive on which I will be installing Windows 7 Professional. My question is what do I do to insure that by catalogs don't get destroyed? I am keeping the current "C" drive in the desktop tower. I will have three internal drives: The new "C" drive, my "E" drive which currently has all my photos and videos and then the old "C" drive. I do not understand how and where Adobe keeps track of my catalogs and albums. In the past, every time my computer crashed, I had to recreate my catalogs and albums. I am currently backing up my "E" drive to an external drive.I back up my catalogs to an external hard drive using the PSE 12 Organizer back up catalog commands. Do I need to copy any folders from my old "C" drive to the new "C" drive to keep my catalogs intact? Also, when I do a restore catalog command what exactly does it mean "install to original location"?

Thank you for your help. Without the Muvipix community, I would have thrown out my computer a long time ago.

Ken Skopp
Intel Core i7-4770 (3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache), Windows 10, One 1TB internal SSD drive (C) and 1 3TB internal drive (E), 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT720, 16GB DDR3-1600MHz, 16GB mSATA SSD Cache, Two External Hard Drives: 3TB (K) and 1TB (H).
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to PRE Version 12